Results: Semester 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
grk_styl said:
this may be true at school, and perhaps also true in your faculties, but it doesn't happen all the time unfortunately. I've busted my arse many times last year and didn't get the result I deserved. I worked my arse off in PSYC2012 this semester and I have a feeling my results won't reflect it. Uni marks are a bitch lol

But yes you do look at it and get over it. Unless you need credit/distinction avgs, then it plagues your mind all day every day!
I meant generally speaking. If you put 0 effort in and expect to fail, then it shouldn't surprise you if you fail (and vice versa)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I put zero effort and expected to fail (prior to the exam) subjects I ended up with C/D's for.

*shrugs*

transcendent

HSC
N/A
That's what I found sometimes and it put me off. Cause I'd get better marks for an assignment I crammed for the night before rather than something I worked on for a week. =\
It's still better to study for something over a longer period of time though to make sure you know your stuff.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
assignments can be different though. you can put in all the effort you want, but if you don't answer the question properly, you're screwed

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ultimate said:
If you do science you'll get your marks back next week. Traditionally, chem marks get released next monday and maths marks next wed/thursday and physics on wed.
Thanks Ultimate! (btw, found this in the Get Fat and Fail thread) Came back with Chemistry today, as you predicted--68 (Credit). Yay! Through to next semester! Though I thought I aced the exam enough to get a low Distinction, and I'd like to have that 68 rounded to 70 to look nicer......*dreams* but someone said getting Distinctions in pharmacy is nearly impossible, so I'm pretty ok about it.

sharks05

HSC
Argh the School of Physiotherapy is so unbelievably slow with release of results.... guess they have practical and theory exams to consider nonetheless Im sick of checking without marks being posted!!!

bradc1988

HSC
I got my first result just then, a 62 in Professional Engineering. I'm so happy that I didn't fail, I would've been mighty pissed if I had to that shitty subject again. I'm suprised I passed so well actually, I put little effort in.

tennille

HSC
Not everyone's results come out at the same time. It could be any time this week.

Skeeta

HSC
i dont think anyone has ALL of their exam results back

i only have one of eight back

tennille

HSC
I'm still waiting on all of mine. I thought chemistry might come out today, but only 1st year results did.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I just got my second result back (out of 7)

Distinction for cello ensemble (Piss easy subject, anyone can get a D)
and a Fail for Harmony and Analysis.
I totally went crazy in the exam. Managed to scrape a clear 45 in it. One mark away from a c pass. Damnit!
Oh well. Next year try again -groan-

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Who cares? WAM is used more than GPA so it's in effect the same thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)