Results appeal and assessment marks? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
If someone in a class (particularly first or last) were to get a much lower mark than they expected in the HSC and got their paper checked to find that there had been a mistake made, does the whole class get their marks changed to reflect the new range of external marks?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The entire class would get internals re-moderated (Is that even a word, english help me )

mreditor16

HSC
If someone in a class (particularly first or last) were to get a much lower mark than they expected in the HSC and got their paper checked to find that there had been a mistake made, does the whole class get their marks changed to reflect the new range of external marks?
I'd say it depends on the cohort size and the intricacies of the mark distribution :/ e.g. if you achieve the highest mark externally (say 70), but after results check, you actually got 75 - then first internally has to have their mark increased from 70 to 75.

so idk :/ good Q

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. But often its not a big enough mistake to influence that many people nor to the scale in which these people gain an increment to push them up 1 mark

QZP

HSC
> Achieved life-long ATAR goal to get into desired course. Won $1 000 from bet for achieving it. Much celebration. Much happiness
> Classmate gets remarked
> Whole cohort HSC marks changed
> No longer achieved life-long ATAR goal

:(

photastic

HSC
Referring to my trial results, if you find out your MC is marked incorrectly can BOS remark it? I remembered for one of my trials I initially got 9 but after appealing I got extra 7 marks cos the teacher couldn't mark it correctly.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Referring to my trial results, if you find out your MC is marked incorrectly can BOS remark it? I remembered for one of my trials I initially got 9 but after appealing I got extra 7 marks cos the teacher couldn't mark it correctly.
No remarking is allowed.

Only mark checking to check that marks have been accurately transferred.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah, like last year there was a school where the modern history personality section wasn't added on to all of their marks so they went from like 80s to high 90s. Would be soooo awkward if you thought you topped the state and someone got a mark check and beat you haha

mreditor16

HSC
Yeah, like last year there was a school where the modern history personality section wasn't added on to all of their marks so they went from like 80s to high 90s. Would be soooo awkward if you thought you topped the state and someone got a mark check and beat you haha
and also something to consider is how results check won't be done before you get your atar the next day, so your atar will shoot up as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)