Responding to telemarketers (1 Viewer)

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
kow_dude said:
I've recently started to receive numerous calls from telemarketers telling me that i have an opportunity to win a holiday and then asking me personal questions such as where i live and whether or not i am married. I usually do my best to reject their offer and politely tell them that i am not interested, but they never seem to accept 'no' as an answer. But now i just hang them up instantly when i receive such calls from telemarketers. What is a nice way of telling them to f*** off?

Thanks
if its an indian telemarketer (99% of the time), tell him that you will accept their offer if they purchase ur curry chicken. if they refuse, then offer them an alternative, eg curry beef (oops).

absent

on so many levels
HSC
matt88m said:
I was a telemarketer...before I got fired the other week lol. I was good at the job so was shocked when I got fired...anways
I only booked appointments but the easiest people to get were always the old ladies.
We didnt cold call though.
Tell a telemarketer to fark off and they wont call you again!
Dont say your busy...they'll just call the next day.

You're right, they will only call back!!

You must not have been too good at your job, otherwise they wouldn't have fired you! So many companies are looking for telemarketers, that the ones who have good telemarketers wouldn't let them go. :)
Too hard to fill the jobs, and from this thread, you can see why.

touma88

HSC
I remember working in telemarketing before uni started and I can tell u that we prefer people hanging up than give some lame excuse that they were just about to leave or the ones that really bugger us are the respodent which have sufficent english to pull some phrase like "I don't understand, Me noe speak english ?" Why the hell did they pick up the phone in a majority english speaking country.

Last edited:

Zozo6969

HSC
my method is to just keep them talking on the phone by asking them ridiculous questions and wasting their time. eventually they will just hang up.

volition

arr.
HSC
Zozo6969 said:
my method is to just keep them talking on the phone by asking them ridiculous questions and wasting their time. eventually they will just hang up.
Yes! This type of behaviour will make telemarketing less profitable, which means less telemarketing overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)