resolution and sensitivity asap (1 Viewer)

out-law

HSC
hey HSC people, again please i am askin if anyone would know a prac. that tests sensitivity and resolution (in telescopes).

a prac might involve a light box and lenses, but iam not sure what it is i just got a general i dea if anyone can suggest a better or a more clearer idea i would really appreciate it.

thanks heaps guys.

out-law

HSC
i know google has it all, but not in my case i have tried looking alot and i cant find a simple prac. to do to test these things, by the way this is in the astrophysics topic.

if any one has an idea i would really appreciate it.

Roobs

HSC
hmmm....well for the sensitivity, our class compared the "light gathering ability" of diffrent lenses...using polarizing filters (to cut down sunlight to an approporiate value for a lux meter)

as for the resolution i got no idea.....

littlemaster

HSC
ok wellive read a few summaries and this is what i have:

Sensitivity- use 3 lenses of different diameters to shine sunlight on a light meter. Ensure the light meter pointer is on "central reading"

-you will fin larger diameter = more light gathered

Resolution- Draw 2 dots close together on a box. Using 2 convex lenses, place the mirrors so that the dots are in focus. Move as far back from the box as you can, with these images still being in focus. Change the diameter of the primary lens, and repeat,

-you should fin that with a larger diameter, you can resolve dots from further away

Hope thats right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)