Resignation (1 Viewer)

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I'm going to resign tomorrow. i thought i would be kind and give them a weeks notice ..i think thats right seeming i'm casual. do i have to rightthem a letter

this is my idea of a letter

2nd March 2005

Helen Taylor
Woolworths xxxxxxxxx

Dear Helen,

Effective from Monday 14th March 2005, I resign my position as Service Cashier

Yours Sincerely

Katie123

simple and too the pt.
is it suitable

HSC
i think you should make it a bit longer, kiss their ass a little about how much you enjoyed working there but blah blah blah .. you know. you could ask about a reference in there as well.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i read somewhere that u shouldnt kiss their asses cos if u try to sue them later they will have it and make it hard.
i'll ask for a reference later

hatty

Banned
im just wondering, is it really necessary to have all this formal letter crap to quit? i mean your not even full time and the job isn't exactly high profile, why dont u just walk up to your manager and say "i have some new commitments so i wont be able to work, thanks for your help" or something, no need for the few weeks courtesy, its woolworths, they always got people ready to go.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
yeah true but i actually dont want to have to draw blood out of a stone to get a reference out of them.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I always like to resign from places in a face to face conversation, or at least on the phone. Im honest about my reasons for leaving too. Not mean or hostile or anything, but I think its best for everyone involved if you tell the truth.

Then again, Ive only ever resigned from small businesses rather than a big company.

B

badhairday

are you meant to give them 1 or 2 weeks notice. I always thought it was 2

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
is it one week...i dont know never quit before thats why i just wrote up that letter
and woolies reference is better than no reference esp when i have only had 1 job

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
u dont have to make it all fluffy, but its nice to let them know ur time there meant something...even if it didnt.

but then if u really hated them u could just not turn up anymore, screw the formalities, just unplug ur phone for a while til they forget about u n hire sumone else

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
I DO have to give notice 2 weeks. I went up to my manager and go i'm telling you that i am resigning. she goes okay 2 weeks notice. and in writing.. and i am a casual sooo i am going to hand it in on monday (my birthday :p) and then i will be free from the 21st
i went for an interview yesterday at a chemist down the road but cos of my heavy uni timetable if i do get anything with them it will be like 5 hours on a saturday. but at least then i know i will get shifts

mishka

HSC
N/A
yeah i resigned from my job at kmart yesterday. it was pretty sad, but i know it's for the best.

i have to write a letter though and hand in my discount card!! :D

then i do my last shift on sunday then i'm freeeeeee!! :p

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i supposedly have a shift on thurdsday but i'm not going..i'm sick (cough) so they will get their letter tomorrow

Generator

HSC
N/A
Strange store... You are just a casual, and given that you can decline any shift and that they can simply ignore you if they wish (if you are a newish employee, anyway), I can see no reason for you to provide a letter of resignation with 2 weeks notice... Oh well, if it's for the reference, then why not (any reference is worthwhile, no matter what some may say).

mishka

HSC
N/A
i think the actual letter is for HR reasons, so they can close the file :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
The letter of resignation itself makes sense (I would do the same thing), it's the two weeks notice that I find strange. Eh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)