Residential Colleges... (2 Viewers)

shitheadforever

HSC
the principle has never liked sports people. last time we won the rawson was 99. the people here then were chosen by the previous principle. the next year when the current principle chose the new intake we did terribly. eg; in 99 we won rugby. beat the paulines, choppers and wowsers by large margins 30, 40 ,50 plus. next year after he had kicked out those he didn't like and accepted the poeple he wanted we came last.

mathock

HSC
05er said:
Anyone got any killer res. college stories?
um, the night of wesley's "boys night in" all the guys got pretty drunk and went for a nude run through the main quad... turned out that at the time we ran through, the vice chancellor and the american consulate were just coming out of a meeting... the vice chancellor was spewing, but the american consulate was giving us high fives as we ran past him... we got in a bit of trouble for that

im just finishing my fresher year, and the whole year is a bit of a blur, you do a lot of crazy stuff in a year... ive done a lot more loose shit this one year than i had done for my whole life

Last edited:

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
Any time the Wesley master cracks the shits its funny.....that guy has a short fuse.

Who ate all the pies....

shes_jinxed

HSC
I paid my deposit for Johns next year but i just failed CHEM............
are they still going to let me in??????????
they say that all returning students must inform the rector of their marks, im not returning ........omg this is so screwed why did usyd take away concessional passes in science, its not like they dont get enough of our money in the first place
thanks

walrusbear

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
I paid my deposit for Johns next year but i just failed CHEM............
are they still going to let me in??????????
they say that all returning students must inform the rector of their marks, im not returning ........omg this is so screwed why did usyd take away concessional passes in science, its not like they dont get enough of our money in the first place
thanks
it should be fine
you don't get kicked out for failing once so i don't think it would happen to you

shes_jinxed

HSC
how many credit points a semester do i have to take to stay at college?
Im full time on 24 credit points, but now everything screwed because of chem and i might only be able to take 18 cps next semester unless i magically come up with $2520 for summerschool

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shes_jinxed said:
how many credit points a semester do i have to take to stay at college?
Im full time on 24 credit points, but now everything screwed because of chem and i might only be able to take 18 cps next semester unless i magically come up with $2520 for summerschool
you do know you can put summer school on 'Fee-help'

shes_jinxed

HSC
stazi said:
you do know you can put summer school on 'Fee-help'
isnt fee help only if you are full fee paying???
im HECS..........if i dont get a place at summer school im so screwed

shes_jinxed

HSC
deptada said:
how catholic is st johns?
Not very from what I've heard.
When I went there for my interview, I was asked but it wasnt a big issue, then when i was on my tour I was shown the chapel etc, and told that mass was held occassionally and shared with SS but you dont have to go etc...
and you dont have to be catholic to go there

Last edited:

tjs2602

HSC
Andrews 2006 Intake

Apparently Drews offered 75 people places next year (06) and only had 60 vacancies, which sucks if u didn't respond to the offer in time.

el papo

HSC
N/A
they have 60 places now? i thought it was 50 before...? have some more people left now?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
General Drews/college F.a.q.

jesus. can't believe i'm actually back on here. i must be unemployed.

drinking: wednesday night is mandatory attendance (nags for drews until 12; from there, either hq then grose or straight to the grose; HQ for wesley; grose for johns, and from 3 am, grose for everyone who's anyone.) thursday is often north sydney if that floats your boat. VDs are a must, there's usually a few every year. and highlanders (drews in-college pub), often on sunday nights, are either like insane house parties with a bar and a DF or just a good night at the local pub. either way it's cheap as.

hotness: women's have more hot chicks than drew's. why? because they have more chicks. drew's has the hottest chicks, proportionally, and i can say that without bias cos i ain't one. i'm also told we have the loosest chicks but i wouldn't know about that. :rolleyes: That said, if you go into any college with the hotness of your fellow residents even remotely near the top of your priorities then you're sadly deficient in ticker and will probably be an arrogant spook.

academic: yeah, the principal would prefer someone with a UAI of 99 than a batting average of 99. and they like you to pass everything. (they say 100% passes, but according to some of the seniors they can be more lenient on first years. that said, i'm still waiting to see if i got back in... :eek: )

last but far from least - sport: i quote a soph guy: "nationals will get you paid, but rawson will get you laid". rawson sport is more important than uni, sleeping, meals, hangovers, uni sport, rosebowl and personal hygiene. if skipping your class won't mean an instant fail, you are expected on the sideline with six beers in you and two in your hand, draped in sky blue and bellowing "all choppers are bastards" at the top of your voice. rosebowl is also more important than uni.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)