Residential Colleges in Uni of Queensland (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
and you only share a bathroom with 3 other people on your floor. its not like dorms at all because the rooms are in towers, but its like living in a flat with 3 other people.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
So are colleges totally the way to go? I want to go to Cromwell -- sent in my application yesterday. I was worried it might be a bit too late... the closing date isnt til the end of october, but I've been told its best to get in early. Was I early enough? Hmm. I guess I'll wait and see.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
how did you go for cromwell? you're right next to us!
cromwell's a good college, they have these 2 awesome parties every year. its so relaxed as well, but its not lazy like International house. cromwell is definitely the way to go :)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
My Cromwell interview was great. I'm fairly confident of getting in... I can't wait!

Trev

stix
HSC
Starbaaa what type of questions did they ask you?
Myself and two friends have applied for Cromwell (their sister goes to Women's College and recommended it to us) and we are having an interview at the college on the 15th of November or something, so we have to travel like 7 hours to get there :p
If I don't get in I seriously don't know how i'm going to survive, I can't look after myself in a place at all haha.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i <3 crommies! they're awesome! i'll be so glad if you get in starbaa and trev! come and see us at IH!
and trev, if all else fails, you can apply to IH because there's no application deadline. i applied in january and i got in! (pity...i wanted to go to johns :p)
good luck kids!

Trev

stix
HSC
Crikket said:
i <3 crommies! they're awesome! i'll be so glad if you get in starbaa and trev! come and see us at IH!
and trev, if all else fails, you can apply to IH because there's no application deadline. i applied in january and i got in! (pity...i wanted to go to johns :p)
good luck kids!
So IH just accepts anyone?...
I'll apply for there then if I don't get in, is that the only college that doesn't have an application deadline?
AND you said there was like ~50% asians, plus other nationalities... how many 'aussies' are there?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
well, technically, its 50% overseas students, so there's heaps of americans, canadians, and a couple of europeans, plus crazy mexicans :) it just seems like there's alot of asians because theres a couple of asian-australians. nothing wrong with that though. its 50% australian, 50% international. apparently though, we've had to turn down a whole heap of people for next year though, so you still hav to put a bit of effort in :)

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
January seems like such a long time to have to wait to find out if I'm in or not! If I don't get into Cromwell I plan to immediately ring all the other colleges and ask if there are any spare places at all, and, if there are, I will beg for them to accept me. Because I really want to stay on campus! ...I can't fend for myself!

Trev

stix
HSC
starbaaa said:
January seems like such a long time to have to wait to find out if I'm in or not! If I don't get into Cromwell I plan to immediately ring all the other colleges and ask if there are any spare places at all, and, if there are, I will beg for them to accept me. Because I really want to stay on campus! ...I can't fend for myself!
Ah, i'm the same.
HOPEFULLY we will both get in! :):):)
Do you know anybody else that has applied?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Trev said:
Ah, i'm the same.
HOPEFULLY we will both get in! :):):)
Do you know anybody else that has applied?
Actually... I know two guys who've applied. One of them isn't so interested anymore though. I wonder how many people apply all up? Never thought to ask in my interview.

jessied

HSC
I had an interview at Duchesne a month or so ago, and last year they took everyone who applied (probably cos its all girls and catholic so not that many people would have applied) and I find out in January, after uni offers come out if I'm in..

My friend had an interview at Cromwell and she said they asked her some strange questions...

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
jessied said:
My friend had an interview at Cromwell and she said they asked her some strange questions...
Maybe your friend caught them on a bad day. My questions were pretty standard. Good luck getting in to Duchesne!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Dusche is ok! there's alot more people applying there than you think, because all the private school girls go there (and womens). and they also do ALOT of things with the boys colleges, probably more than the mixed colleges, so you wouldn't have to worry about that.
good luck guys :)

Carnivour

HSC
ive only just decided to go to UQ and im wondering if its too late now to apply for accomodation at the residential colleges? if not, where would be my best bets to apply to and have a good chance of being accepted?

and im actually Russian by birth and citizenship, so i would love to live in IH and have the whole international, multicultural experience :)

i also have another question - hows the social life in the residential colleges? im a bit a of a party animal, so i dont want to get stuck in a tame place!

and finally, if i miss out on applications for accomodation, where would you recommend i live? is off-campus a viable option?

thanks for any help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)