Research Project (1 Viewer)

brownsound

HSC
i have a research project for physics and the task is to 'present information about modern advances in your area of study (which is q2q), posible future directions or limitations and assess the imapact of these advances on society'

for this... is it basically just this dot point -
identify ways by which physicists continue to develop their understanding of matter, using accelerators as a probe to investigate the structure of matter

should i like maybe describe the history of the atom an then how that knowledge has lead to modern advances and so on an so forth?

MunkeyMann

Ready to finish...
HSC
browny....shouldnt u have started ur project a lil earlier...altho i did only start a few days ago.

jus look up a couple of developments i.e particle accelerators and talk about how they are helping now and what they can do in the future

joe1016

HSC
bahahahaa browny!!!

it might be a ltitle late to start searching on the internet for answers unless u already know what to write about...

its not really a hard topic, i found that i worked out which topics im gonna write about and then go backwards for the theory that best suits them. (but most of it in quanta to quarks - surprise surprise - comes from knowledge about the structure of the atom and quantum propeties)

good luck....

brownsound

HSC
so there actually are ppl from my skool that look here.. godamnit that doesnt help me..

whose monkeydood but?

actually i found the marking criteria.. it does wonders to read

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
brownsound said:
i have a research project for physics and the task is to 'present information about modern advances in your area of study (which is q2q), posible future directions or limitations and assess the imapact of these advances on society'

for this... is it basically just this dot point -
identify ways by which physicists continue to develop their understanding of matter, using accelerators as a probe to investigate the structure of matter

should i like maybe describe the history of the atom an then how that knowledge has lead to modern advances and so on an so forth?
"Continue to develop" is the key phrase here. Now, look at what particle accelerators do. Perhaps talk a bit about how particle accelerators work.

Then look at how they are used to smash apart the atom in order to see what else is inside the atom apart from electrons, neutrons and protons OR, rather, how they interpret the smashing apart of such particles. Conservation of energy, momentum and such will help when looking at the particles that result from smashes, as well as the charge on particles since they will act a certain way inside magnetic fields.

Certainly, reading the marking criteria will help better understand what the marker is looking for in your answer.

I hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)