Reputation points. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Crikket said:
how many people do you have to distribute rep points before giving it to the same person again?
I think it is twenty. It take so long:(.

Sheehan :) said:
but no matter how many rep points a mod has they are crucial to this site............if they werent here whod keep us in order
No one was saying that they are not important to the site:).

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
nah there was just a thread started in NS about how the mods think that "they own the place"

what i found funny was Laz came along and banned him + shut down the thread. He's too nice to have said to Big_AJ: "Actually, I DO own this place!"

I'm glad NS reps don't count anymore.... there are so many people floating around who no-ne has ever heard of with two boxes... its scary.

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
hotcocoababe said:
Oh guys, GUESS WHAT!?

If you rep me, you are guaranteed a LIFETIME'S SUPPLY OF CHOCOLATE!!!!!

What do you say to that, eh!

:eek:
FREE CHOCOLATE GIMME! :D

(hopes he'll get repped back :p)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ujuphleg said:
I'm glad NS reps don't count anymore.... there are so many people floating around who no-ne has ever heard of with two boxes... its scary.
:uhhuh: :uhhuh: It's been said before but NS has gone down the drain....

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Merethrond said:
I think it is twenty. It take so long:(.

No one was saying that they are not important to the site:).
geebus, i don't even know 20 people! i'll have to start repping random people :D

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hotcocoababe said:
And SOMETIMES, if you're very very lucky, you get repped back :p
Just mention "reciprocation" in your rep comment. Make sure you have an smiley emoticon or a courteous "please"/"thanks" in there as well.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
No when u can give out like 10 rep points at once..
It is not twenty reputation points that you have to give out is it? I thought that you had to actually give reputation to twenty people:confused:.

cynical

Komaticom said:
Yeah partying is good.

I like the new rep regulation.
Asking for rep in the sig, or demanding rep when you don't deserve it is quite the nefarious thing to do.

I hope you don't think I was doing that.. I was actually being sarcastic caws I think it's silly :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Merethrond said:
It is not twenty reputation points that you have to give out is it? I thought that you had to actually give reputation to twenty people:confused:.
incase she doesn't come back - i think she means of course mods are important, they can give 10rep points when they rep someone onces

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So do the non-counting non school reps count towars the 20 people before I rep someone else.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
incase she doesn't come back - i think she means of course mods are important, they can give 10rep points when they rep someone onces
Oh, I see:).

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
Merethrond said:
it's 20 people... and i'm not sure about the random people thing, maybe i'll just pick out 20 people i keep repping in a cycle? :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
can we still rep posts in non school? like, we can rep them but they won;t get any points for it. then we can still show we like their post, but they don't need points.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
iambored said:
can we still rep posts in non school? like, we can rep them but they won;t get any points for it. then we can still show we like their post, but they don't need points.
non school reps don't count anymore?
eh, oh well I never go in there any more anyway. become infested.

dezzy

HSC
do we get rep points for submitting notes?

if we dont than we damn well should!

lets start a revolution!

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dezzy said:
do we get rep points for submitting notes?

if we dont than we damn well should!
If your notes are sub-standard, you get no rep, obviously. If it's obvious you posted resources to get rep, not to benefit others, then you get no rep either.
If you demand rep for your "contribution", you'll get your rep status revoked under new rules.

I think the revolution started a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away.

sunny

meh.
HSC
dezzy said:
so if we ask for them we get them, if our notes are quality?!

humph!

You have to understand that if repping occured for the submission of notes, it would mean that each and every submitted piece needs to be checked for quality - and that would be a monumental task.

There is also no guarantee that what the checker decides is "quality" may be quality in the eyes of HSC markers - it is quite a big dilemma of having notes here on BoS in the first place - which is why BoS has a disclaimer giving no guarantees of correctness or quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)