reports (1 Viewer)

kylie

so i guess by now youve all heard that we have to do a report in our hsc but they dont specify the format in which we have to do it in... :rolleyes: wat type of format do you reckon we have to use??

AGB

HSC
isnt the normal format executive summary, then the main body of the report (headings, subheadings, bullet points etc) then the key findings and conclusions????

*tasha*

According to the help book that's beside me right now, as long as the report is visually standing out the marker's will love it. Put the information into a simple format, always relate to the question and follow the format the that has most probably been given to you before
- Executive Summary
- Body (with underlines, margins, highlighters and bulletpoints etc.)
- A conclusion

I hope it helps...

AGB

HSC
yeah buso reports arent really the hardest things to write......nuthin like essays for 'real' subjects like eco's, history etc...hehehehe

but yeah, as long as u hav the main headings and try and use as many syllabus words as possible then u cant go wrong :)

*tasha*

YES! Those Business terms MUST be used, it just gets you those extra marks you may be looking for. So remember the terminology!
:)

chunder

HSC
don't worry about the report so much. All you have to do is add headings, use a personal tone (this cold be easily done by establishing yourself as a consultant at the start), and keep referring back to the stimulus.

anybody interested in trading notes etc. pm me please

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Content is more important, as per usual. As for the structure of the report itself, I'd go

Executive Summary (write last)
Body (usually involves assessing the current business situation in some way and identifying key concerns and problem areas)
Recommendations (this is important - many questions ask for recommendations, and even if a question doesn't specifically ask for them, if you can pace yourself well enough, put them in, because it shows the marker that you're capable of synthesising all the stuff you learned into a cohesive set of possible solutions for a particular problem)
Conclusion

*tasha*

And just a little bit more help - there's a book out in Dymock's. It's great! Called - 'Report Writing for Business Studies' by Mohan Dhall and Len Nixon.

IT contains: Step by step procedure to reach a number one report that also gives you many different styles of writing a report to suit the needs of different people.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
Make sure u use business terms and impress the markers by incorporating charts/graphs etc like SWAT etc
isnt it SWOT chart?cos i have seen many people writing it as SWAT , cos SWAT is movie, isnt it?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Revival of an old thread :rolleyes:
I thought someone needed help lol

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Oh well, while we're all here .. Table of Contents and Title Page ... yes,no,maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)