Report (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
i did my report as a flash movie to actually demonstrate how i learnt flash for my MW :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
has anybody used the Internet as a major resource? (reminder - im doing a critical study about the simpsons) i used it cos it gave me the best info, but apparantly using the internet as a major source is frowned upon. anybody in the same boat? any suggestions?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
i did, babydoll... don't know whether that's why they took the mark off.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
arrrr well i dont wanna risk it so i better find some more books

Jinglebell

HSC
i'm using the simpsons also, and i've used a whole lot of internet...there's pretty much no useful books on the simpsons, so the internet is left as the best option, i think. they can't exactly frown upon our only decent source of info for a chosen topic, right?

plus, the internet is always there when i want a quick fact about shakespeare that i vaguely recall reading somewhere:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The internet is my savior. If they discriminate against people who use the internet as their main source they are then discriminating non-metropolitan students.... our town and school libraries are absolutely hopeless, so the only place I can find info on a lot of stuff is the internet. Without it, we would be stuffed thanks to our crappy libraries.

rhapsody_75

that inclass report assessment sounds awwwwful!!!
all our assessments seem to have been due much earlier which has been a good layout
but i think our report had to include a bit more than most....like in the report we addressed every single aspect of the syllabse was meant to be within 2,500 (pft...dont know how they expected that...we all went *signiiiificantly* over) lol

i dont think they discredit the internet if the sites you are using are clearly worthwhile and if most of your research was based on that then try to show that you actually had to go to an effort to search for them. i think theres a subconcious leaning towards someone who "bothers to get off their arse" and get to a library and then sift through books seems more difficult. or maybe they just have a romantic attachment to their youthful days of swotting....?!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
do we need to include the link to the adv/ext 1 course in the report?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We didn't.......ours was only concerned with independent exploration of texts.

Oh, and the internet is something frowned up, mention it in your report by all means (internal assessment) but only make a quick reference to it in your reflection statement.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Hey, just out of curiosity, how many people have mentors and how many have they got? I heard that we're supposed to mention our mentors and the advice that they have given us in our reports.
I have one mentor for school but thats for like everything not just ext 2. Perhaps they mean people you have gone to for inspiration and advice?? But keep in mind you're not actually meant to mention names of staff or full names of students......I just used first names throughout to solve that problem

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
DEFINITELY include some indication of the relationship between your major work and the other stuff you've studied in English!

The syllabus is looking for an extension of the work you've done in class, ie. independent research and investigation into a topic related to something you've done in class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)