Report (2 Viewers)

rhapsody_75

gotta write my report for friday. anyone already done theirs and want to give me some suggestions?
there is just sooo much to think about its crazy...
i dont know how to keep track of all ive done for it...
:rolleyes:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
without knowing specififcs...here is a run down abt what a MW's report should contain...

purpose
audience
why are u doing the subject matter/why did you pick the composer?
process of investigation (some skools include problems encountered)

basically base it on your viva...

rhapsody_75

basically we have to make sure that it complies to everything in the syllabse...lists about 10 points.. which seem to be an extension of all the requirements.
im ok with that. i was just wondering if anyone had an approach.
like one girl at my school is writing about her problems and then how she overcame them...and in the way she addressed all... but that isnt part of the 10 points...

how would i base it on my viva? ours were really unstructured...5 min speech and then ~30 minutes of them questioning and me responding...so i just had to kow everything about my MW, process etc

thats kinda my prob....*where do i start?!* sort of thing.. so much to remember and think about!:(

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
oh ok.....well one of the most obvious way to appraoch this is to outline your MW..then you would link that in with the audience, purpose and all fo that...leave the problems till last...the problems should b mentioned to show that you have being making rpogress and the re-evaluation process...just list the main ones....aroudn 3.....if you have too mani the markers will feel exhuasted...because in reality, they relaly care about the present..not the past

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
and the general key is to feel confident and exited abt your MW..lol..also add personal reasoning..eg: i am basing my Major Work on Shakespeare because i am deeply fascinated by Shaksepear's works....ever since 3 i have being reading Shakespeare......obviously that was hyperboical..lol

rhapsody_75

hahah! yea ok! hmm mine's poetry and ive sorta been feeling my way through it...so ill have to think about that side of things...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by rhapsody_75
hahah! yea ok! hmm mine's poetry and ive sorta been feeling my way through it...so ill have to think about that side of things...
coolz...wot particular poets? loo..i am doing the four major movements of literature...and i am looking at Pope, Coleridge, T. S Elliot and a pomo poet called Peter Reading...

lemme know if you have ani prob...technical aspects/style/paradigm/contxt etc...glad to help you out..

truly

rhapsody_75

haha thanks! you too! what school you at etc
i actually dont have much of a structure to my independent investigation...lol...im not disciplined like that.
my major work was more - write poetry and then at the end find a structure that seems nice lol - well im exaggerating a lot, but its completely changed
the poets who have been most useful to me are unknowns really, but they are great - find them all through the literary festivals etc
how many words of actual poetry have you got?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ohh...i am studying the works of these poets.. Ie: for the neoclassical period, i am basically taking Pope's *the rape of the lock* apart....and showing how this text represents the paradigmatic construct of the neoclassical period....so in a sense i am not wriitng ani poetry....i am just analysing it....

wot is your major work? sounds a bit vague....:)

rhapsody_75

oh ok! =) i couldnt stand doing a critical response!!

i was just being silly and reductive, sprouting the usual stereotypes about poetry. lol. but mine is actually quite structured, with seix sections all indicating various aspects of development within the "persona"...although its a bit loose to be called a persona - i wanted a bit more universality. got aspects of a verse novel in it. Called "The Need for AnOther" which involves a few different concepts.
=)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
oh okies...your major work sounds good..

i got a copy of our assessment notice for the report...

your report must answer the following question:
How has your independent investigation informed and developed your work?

you migh thcoose to discuss the nature and extent of your inveestigation, how documenting your investigation in a journal has impacted on your understanding and knowledge of the composition process or other ideas, ifndings and strategies pertinent to your independent investigation

we have to do a 1500-2000 report on that...

so yeha..just a lil bit more info for yooh...

truly

gracie

im just wondering if anyone has done a speech as their major work?
i have to sit an exam for ext 2 on tuesday - its the report, but in an exam setting... we get just under an hr to write it from scratch, no logbooks to be taken in...
arghhh.
anyone doing a speech, let me know... cheers

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think he means has anyone done a speech as their actual major work......

I've done my report it's due on Tuesday.... we had to talk about our investigation and how our idea has evolved. We also had to say how it was an extension of what we had learned in Advanced adn Extension 1 English.

malayz_angel

Hey, just out of curiosity, how many people have mentors and how many have they got? I heard that we're supposed to mention our mentors and the advice that they have given us in our reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)