Repeating Yr 12?? (1 Viewer)

Da_BomB_XpLoSiV

Is anyone here goin 2 repeat Yr 12 becos of various reasons?
If u r can u tell me why u r...or tell me why it could be good 2 repeat?
I am thinkin of doin it...but i really culdnt be bothered doin all the same assignments n doin the trials again

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I think you can repeat just some courses can't you?
They can use the marks you choose this year, then you can repeat certain subjects next year to get new marks

i THINK you can do that

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Just repeat yr 12 in TAFE...you only need to repeat the stuff you didn't do well at. And since TAFE;s teachers are WAY better than high school teachers (from Sefton anyway:p)...you'll be passing with flying colours. And the hours are uber flexible so you can pick up a part time job while you're at it.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
no wayyyyy......

why would you wanna repeat year 12 again? IS STRESSFUL

Sam

samboh
HSC
though about it... cos uai wasnt as good as expected...
but hell there's other things u can do if that happens...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by BigngryWoman
Just repeat yr 12 in TAFE...
If I were to repeat, I'd go to TAFE.

As babydoll has said, you can accumulate HSC marks over 5 years. You don't have to go back to school, just re-do the courses you've stuffed up on.

So you don't have to do English again! :D
If your marks are pretty bad for a subject, and you need it for your UAI calculation, then you could repeat the course at TAFE. Or, you could do a combined course (prelim+hsc) in one year at TAFE and take up a new subject altogether.

I'd only repeat Maths 2/3U at TAFE, instead of having to go back to school, wearing a uniform, all the hours, etc :)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yea you can do some subjects again, but the most recent result will have to count. i'd say just finish high school and move on..

Huy

HSC
N/A
Or accumulate so many units that your record of achievement spans 3 pages LOL :rolleyes:

Mine is only 2 pages (last time they printed out the course notices was in june or so?), but that's where it stops I'm afraid.

Just be careful if you're thinking about re-doing a few courses, you have to be pretty confident about KICKING ASS compared to last year's (or the previous year's) results. :)

ie don't take on english if you've got a band 5, that'll be good enough. if you've got a few band 3's and one or two 4's, then you can re-do SOME (not all) of the subjects, don't put yourself through all that stress all over again, for the following year!

:)

stellar

I think if you do repeat, everything will be much easier and less stressful. But, doing so, I guess there's that thing where your friends'll be in uni and you'll be stuck in high school. So maybe coz of that something will be lacking, like how you can't relate to their stress. So that's my two cents.

crystle

I WOULD LOVE TO DO YR 12 AGAIN,BECAUSE I AM NOW RELISING I HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO STUDY AND MY TRIALS ARE THIS WEEK,WHO CARES IF YOU MISS OUT ON ONE YEAR OF YOUR LIFE ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD,BUT IF YOU DO BETTER IT CAN BE THE START OF SOMETHING UNREAL NOT JUST WHAT YOU HAD TO SETTLE FOR!!

Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
DO NOT REPEAT YR12!!

ANYTHING BUT YR12!!!

u wont do better, gosh who want to go throught the devil again known as trial

plus u wouldnt have any friends imagine the stress its not worth it get a job or TAFE or something ANYTHING but that

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
most of us would hav thought we could have done somethings in yr 12 better but is it really worth stalling another year? unless there was some major catastrophe, i think u should just move on 2 uni and if u really want 2 do sum course u can always try 2 get a transfer, esp. if u have learned from ur faults in yr12. from a wider perspective of things, wasting a year of ur life by staying bhind & not moving forward is not the best option imho. the greater part of our life lies in the future beyond the HSC...and who knows, a few years from now we might look back on our hsc and laugh at the stress we went thru.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Nah. You shouldn't repeat. I heard that most people don't do as well if they repeat. Perhaps its because you won't have as many friends at school and maybe because your friends will try to get you to go out with them.
If its a course you want to do, try to transfer instead.
If you really want to repeat, go to TAFE like everyone says. Atmosphere is a lot nicer.

Good luck!

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
MY PATH if i don't get into UNI:
1)LOOK into TAFE DIPLOMA COURSES FIRSTTTTTTTTTTTTT
2) IFthere are no TAFE COURSES that suits me, i will REPEAT TAFE there are hardly any rules there except for the basic community rules eg. rubbish etc... i prefer tafe because you can simply leave the room and go for a cig if you feel tired same as uni + there is no UNIFORM
3 If you decide to repeat year 12, there are probably no work you need to re-do, which is why most people slack OFF, DON'T slack off, DON'T THINK you know it all because you done it twice, YES if you did all your summary's etc... and failed, perhaps you could take it less stressfully BUT you still need to study

so i suggest you follow mine if you dont get in ;)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I am going to repeat. My UAI is going to be so low because of chemistry. Most TAFE courses don't go towards your UAI, so l have to pick up an extra subject or two (in 2 years time) so l can get a higher UAI.

I don't find anything wrong with that, l'd rather get a 80 and up than a 60.

Sammmmmuel

I just reapeated my entire hsc at tafe too coz last year i got a hot gf that took all my attention... Tafe hsc teachers seem so much better than school ones, they know exactly what to do to get the highest marks and dont bother doing crappy things like tellin u to tuck ur shirt in etc.. coming from a private school tafe was heaps more laid back, even though ur doing year 11 and 12 in the same year... my marks r heaps better for example my highest 2 unit maths mark last year was 50 something and my average this year is 92... i wish i just did my entie hsc at tafe in the first place

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by sweetcherry
Repeat Year 12 in QLD... apparently, the Year 12 in QLD is easier than the HSC :D
NAH DOH!

i so bloody regret, i left Brisbane end of last year to come here to do yr 12 because my parents are here DAMNIT

QCS is a joke

Even Uni's up there cant compare to Uni's down here, but you still get the same opportunities bleh UNFAIR

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Sammmmmuel
I just reapeated my entire hsc at tafe too coz last year i got a hot gf that took all my attention... Tafe hsc teachers seem so much better than school ones, they know exactly what to do to get the highest marks and dont bother doing crappy things like tellin u to tuck ur shirt in etc.. coming from a private school tafe was heaps more laid back, even though ur doing year 11 and 12 in the same year... my marks r heaps better for example my highest 2 unit maths mark last year was 50 something and my average this year is 92... i wish i just did my entie hsc at tafe in the first place
I think Tafe teachers mark less painfully than public school teachers or private ones i *THINK*

And bloody hell, mate if you found a HOT gurl during your HSC what makes you think you won't find a HOTTER one in Uni and afer Uni or HSC, is part of life

:D :D learn to deal with it, and not, affect your life

Sammmmmuel

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
I think Tafe teachers mark less painfully than public school teachers or private ones i *THINK*

And bloody hell, mate if you found a HOT gurl during your HSC what makes you think you won't find a HOTTER one in Uni and afer Uni or HSC, is part of life

:D :D learn to deal with it, and not, affect your life

The average marks for our year at tafe are around 50 per cent for 2 unit maths and other science subjects, and lower than that for advanced english... Top average mark in extension 1 english is 78 per cent... They definately dont mark less painfully at my tafe in comparance to the private school i went to - its much the same, if anything harder... and thanks for the advice, ill try not let hot chicks take my attention... My gurl is doing hsc with me at the moment so i guess u could say ive learned to deal with havin a sexc gurl buggin me for "ignoring" her while studying (Well for the moment ne way)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)