Repeating Year 12 with different subjects (1 Viewer)

ClassOf2013

HSC
My internal ranks seem to be getting worse, and i'm now considering repeating Year 12, but without subjects which I am doing poorly in (doing subjects which I will perform better in). I'm at a low ranked (300s) school, and i've stuffed a number of assessments (in several subjects), so it's not looking good. My ATAR aim now is 81 (Commerce at Macquarie) but I am worried I won't be able to get that.

My ranks are:

English Advanced: 12/32 (but I feel I won't do well in trials, bloody Hamlet)
English Extention: 4/11
Legal Studies: 7/11 :cry:
Business Studies: 3/11
Studies Of Religion: 18/36
Economics: 3/6
General Maths: 6/29

If I repeated, I would drop Legal Studies and Studies Of Religion and pick up Geography (I was very good at it back in Years 7-10). My question is though, if I wait until I get my ATAR this year (December), could I still be in Year 12 2014? Thanks :)

mac1996

HSC
your ranks are not bad
and im pretty sure you can still be in y12 2014 when u get ur atar
however, i strongly advise you not to repeat because the syllabi are bound to change
one thing that i know will change for sure is belonging

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't repeat year 12, just transfer universities after a year. There are pathways to end up at your intended uni, getting an atar is not the only way.

Emily Howard

HSC
Pretty sure you need to do prelim geography to be able to do hsc geography

InsanityIsReal

HSC
If you are worried about Hamlet, just remember you are doing well in Extension and they can count that and one unit of Advanced. On top of that SOR won't be counted as it's your extra unit. So you may get a better ATAR then you're expecting. :)

ClassOf2013

HSC
My problem is though i'm doing poorly in Legal Studies too (I hate the subject and I have a boring teacher). I've decided to wait until after I get my trials back though, if I don't do well in them i'll look further into repeating.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)