• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Renting without a guaranteed income (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
does anyone here have a casual income, and no youth allowance, and live on your own, renting your own place? how do you do it?

mcs

HSC
Good luck lol.... basically doing that you will have no chance of getting anyone to rent it to you unless youve had the same job for several years then you might have a chance. You will probably have to get your parents involved with the lease or get a private lease eg. not through a real estate agent.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
i recently started doing that, but my parents signed the lease for rent and have rent covered for about a year until I find some way to support myself :(

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
to me, it does not sound possible.

i think to live out of home, one needs a more stable job, other then casual, and earning more money, as a majority of rental applications asks for income details, including paycheks from work and/or centerlink income.

just remember, you have to pay for bond (4weeks rent) plus 1-2weeks rent up-front when you rent a place. then you have to pay for bills (usually every three months), you have to feed yourself, cloth yourself, keep yourself alive etc, all with that money.

if you absolutly HAVE to move out of home, you can go to centerlink and get unfit to live at home applications and fill them out, and you might be able to get youth alowance and rent assistment, plus with that, you can also have a casual/part time job and be getting paid from that.
but yeah, go ask centerlink about that shit.

and yeah, if not, good luck with renting with only an income from a casual income.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)