removing "vizit us" banners (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hi, whenever i log on to the computer i get 2 new icons on the desktop.. they're called "fun games" and the other one was called "vizit.us" or something like that
i've tried to delete the desktop shortcut, the 2 from the start menu, and the folder "program files/instant access" which is what it's under. i can't find the program under add/remove though.
anyway, every time i log onto the computer it reappears, and it's really annoying. i also get some ad banners popping up sometimes.

does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
cool bananas.
well i've done the whole ad-aware thing, but the instant access folder is still there and i can't delete it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Check your Add/Remove programs listing to see if there is anything suspicious there. Also try the other tools listed in the FAQ as well.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sometimes when you can't delete a file is because it is a currently-running process.

press Ctrl-Alt-Del and check the Processes tab... look for any suspicious running processes and cancel them.

now try deleting the file.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
result from google:
hi, my mate had the same problem. i went on her come and sorted it out.
when it comes on your screen delete it from the main page and on the start menu then accesories.
then go onto my computer search for instant access which is the main folder and delete it. then go to add/remove programs and remove it.
it works...well on my friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)