remembering stuff (1 Viewer)

ruski_gal

Ive written out summary notes and everything for Chem but nothing seens to stick in my head.
Is there any way of helping myself to remember all the masses of stuff?
And how can i help myself to understand some of the simple stuff which i cant do?
Some people in my class seem to know everything without even struggling!! Its not fair!!

kini mini

HSC
Welcome to the forum :)

I know that there is quite a lot of material in the course, though much less than there was for me last year. You are definitely on the right track, making notes is essential - but you need to practise applying that material for it to stick. Do as many practice questions as you can in textbooks, Success One, past HSC and trials :).

As for the simple stuff, you could try asking some of your knowledgeable friends, your teacher, or getting a tutor :). Feel free to post questions here, even if you think they are stupid, the only stupid thing would be to stay ignorant!

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh im beginning to notice chem is a bitch... its so much remembering, and not much conceptual understanding involved. well not according to my viewpoint anyway haha

ruski_gal

ok well the simple stuff like writing equations properly and knowing what things react with what. And also finding moles and ppm. GRRRR!!! why does it have to be so confusing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)