Remarking/pass conceeded/overloading (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Does USYD give pass conceeded for eco&business subjects?
Also what is overloading, is this doing more than 24cp in a semester? Has anyone ever Done this before and is it quite difficult?

If you fail a subject compulsory for your degree (which you obviously have to repeat), can u redo this at the end of your degree if it's not a prerequisite for any of your other subjects? Eg. By adding an extra year or something

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait so can you add an extra year onto the end of your degree and do the subject then or not? It's not a prerequisite for any of the other subjects I'm gonna do but it's compulsory for my degree. I just don't see how else I'm going to retake this subject since no way am I doing summer school and overloading seems difficult.

How about remarking of exams?
Who can I contact in regards to all this stuff

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait so can you add an extra year onto the end of your degree and do the subject then or not? It's not a prerequisite for any of the other subjects I'm gonna do but it's compulsory for my degree. I just don't see how else I'm going to retake this subject since no way am I doing summer school and overloading seems difficult.

How about remarking of exams?
Who can I contact in regards to all this stuff

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
yes correct
iunno probably the unit coordinator to start with re:exam marking

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, then who do I contact regarding redoing the subject at the end of my degree or something? Faculty of Econ and business? (they are the ones coordinating my degree)

also the subject I failed was econ1001- microeconomics. And in sem 2 I have to do econ1002- macroeconomics. Since I failed micro, is there any point in me attempting macro? Like am I disadvantaged because I fucked up micro and know nothing, or is macro completely different and passable? Because I really don't wanna waste time and money if I don't know enough to pass macro. I don't think micro is a prerequisite of macro but still?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah they came out about an hour ago. Login to student admin and check ur result there.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
also the subject I failed was econ1001- microeconomics. And in sem 2 I have to do econ1002- macroeconomics. Since I failed micro, is there any point in me attempting macro? Like am I disadvantaged because I fucked up micro and know nothing, or is macro completely different and passable? Because I really don't wanna waste time and money if I don't know enough to pass macro. I don't think micro is a prerequisite of macro but still?
how about this bit?
Anyone?!

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Ok, then who do I contact regarding redoing the subject at the end of my degree or something? Faculty of Econ and business? (they are the ones coordinating my degree)

If you wanted to overload just go to the economics home page and go to the form section. There should be an online form if you wanted to overload for a semester. However they take into considerations your semester results, so they might not let you overload.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to contact the faculty if you wanted to do econ1001 at the end of your degree, as long as you complete it. But you should check up on that. Just email the faculty or give them a call.

As for econ1002, its probably like 5 times easier than econ1001. Its got nothing to do with micro and is much more theory based unlike all the maths and graphs in micro. Most people that I know found macro much more easier than micro and actually interesting aswell.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
As for econ1002, its probably like 5 times easier than econ1001. Its got nothing to do with micro and is much more theory based unlike all the maths and graphs in micro. Most people that I know found macro much more easier than micro and actually interesting aswell.
thank god for this. that maths and graphs and shit really fucked me around.

ILikesTheSchool

HSC
Lol. There is still a few graphs that you study in macro, but I found it much easier.
Though towards the end, the graphs got much more difficult with a crap load of short run and long run graphs. And there is still demand and supply as well, but that was on currency rather than goods.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
you are not going to get a pass conceded

try harder next year

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
emailed the unit coordinator and she replied:

In order for your exam to be remarked you need to submit a File Note at the Economics discipline office (Merewether room 370). Although, you should note that when the exam is remarked your new mark might be higher or lower than your original mark, so there is some risk.

is it worth the risk? i mean ive already failed so yeah...
also on this form, it says to fill out ACADEMIC STAFF MEMBER DETAILS name, email and contact number. should i write my lecturer or unit coordinator?

it also says "Briefly state the reason/s why you have requested an informal appeal", here do i just write reasons why i deserve a remark etc?

am i wasting my time? :(
i received 47 in the course btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)