Religious Rites (1 Viewer)

JJPH

HSC
Did the question require us to write about one religious rite, or two religious rites?

Benmc

HSC
I just wrote about eucharist for christians and synagogue for jews...
It just said for two religious traditions but didn't specify how many rites...so it was up to you really.

Last edited:

DeAtHkRoW

HSC
Ahahahah I hope ur right buddy or else its game over for me :p

JJPH

HSC
But didn't it state Religious RITES? Hence plural? Hence 2+?

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Our trial had the SAME style question (religious rites). I read it to the HSC advice line, and they said you are not allowed to do 2 rites. She asked her supervisor. She said they'll only mark the first rite they see. So I did 1 rite...

also our teacher got pissed at those who did 2 rites...

Benmc

HSC
Oh good...lol....
I mention two rites in my intro...but not enough time to do it.....
so yeah.....
it didn't explicitly say at least 2 rites in two traditions so i guess 1 is okay.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
JJPH said:
But didn't it state Religious RITES? Hence plural? Hence 2+?
The problem is that the topic is;

"Rites of Passage" or
"Rites of Public Worship"

even if you're talking about 1, it's still "Rites".

Don't worry if theres mass confusion they'll be considerate.

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
YBK said:
Our trial had the SAME style question (religious rites). I read it to the HSC advice line, and they said you are not allowed to do 2 rites. She asked her supervisor. She said they'll only mark the first rite they see. So I did 1 rite...

also our teacher got pissed at those who did 2 rites...
...................... ARE YOU SERIOUS?

wow I'm gonna crawl under my bed and die now.

Lulu_6622

HSC
as if they are only going to mark one if u put two in they didnt specify how many. the only thing they said was two traditions and their effects on believers. YBK is full of it.

Aznduud3

HSC
i assume that you had to do more than one.

if you read the previous years questions (2002-05) they SPECIFICALLY ask for ONE (in caps). so if they only want one, they should have said that clearly.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Lulu_6622 said:
as if they are only going to mark one if u put two in they didnt specify how many. the only thing they said was two traditions and their effects on believers. YBK is full of it.
I'm not full of anything, i'm just telling you what I was told by the HSC advice line. The woman had to check with her superviser to make sure what she was saying was right. Our religion teacher said it's really bad to do two in that kind of question, and the trial question we had did NOT say ONE religious rite. It said religious rites. She said she was nice and didnt mark us down, but they will in the HSC. Check out the CSSA question for the trials, it was similar in its way of the wording, "religious rites". But i guess if many people did 2 it wont be that bad.

jasonmatthew

HSC
Well I have somehting different, the people i spoke to in the know how say u had to do 2. Everyone seems to have a different opinion and I am sure that will be taken into account'

This was last years question:

For TWO religious traditions, outline the nature of ONE religious rite, and evaluate its significance for individuals and for groups.
Note: The rite chosen must be the same for each tradition.

I still stand by my reasoning that if they wanted one, they would have said one, same as teachers and intepreters and women where where they say two.

melaniemelanie

HSC
the syllabus states you must know two rites, and know generally the definitions of all three rights.
it also states you must be prepared to write on two rites.
however they did not state you MUST write on two rites and therefore you can write on one or two.

the question saying the impact of religious rites on EDLOB meant
you would generally define all three religious rites and how they celebrate symbolize and make present central beliefs of religious traditions having significant impact on EDLOB blah blah blah, which can particularly be seen in the rite of passage for instance blah blah whole essay on rite of passage etc.
my religion teacher is a judge at the marking and wrote the CSSA paper and said this is generally what you would do, but you could write on 2 if you wished, it would just perhaps disadvantage you if you didnt do it succinct enough. best of luck :)

em jayne

HSC
i wrote about the one. i agree that if they specifically wanted 2 they would have asked...i think the point of that question was that it could be interpreted as either one or two...i mean, it'd give the markers a little variety. how much would it suck reading a hundred thousand essays on exactly the same thing...

miZzme19

HSC
reading all this made me feel so much better..i thot i was the only one who wrote on one rite..i interpreted it as - YOU choose whether to do 1 or 2 in the exam..so i only did one..i sure hope we dnt get marked down for it..

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
Well I sent an email to my teacher with YBK's quote. This was the answer:

I would take no notice of that quoted person. I have marked the HSC for 12 years and everyone does everything in their power to give as many marks as they can for eveything written on the paper - even crossed out bits!
so either is fine I think. We can rest easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)