Religious affiliation (3 Viewers)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Sophie777 said:
Oh. Right. So this is where your argument lies? In whether I understand the meaning of being agnostic. I am unsure. And, I will have you know that I would rather worship Satan than ever have a conversation with you in real life. YOu don't listen, you come back with the same things everytime and you are criticising my misunderstanding of a term? For what reason? How does this matter to you? I will now call myself unsure?

"An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time. "

Oh my, Josiekiller. I think we may have come across something.... YOU ARE NOT AGNOSTIC. you claim there is a God, agnostics claim that nobody can know the truth. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH...!!!!

http://www.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/humftp/E-text/Russell/agnostic.htm

ok im sorry i have to repeat things so u understand- but being a bitch about it doesnt make me contemplate my ideas about life. my perceptions r my own

how do u know what i percieve as god? do u think i see him as a man with a white beard or a woman- or an energy field or anything???? i see him as something beyond human understanding, cause the defintion u gave backs me up............how can u be so stupid as to post that and say im wrong when its what ive been going on about? r u that think?

and im glad i wouldnt wanna talk to u either cause u clearly have no idea whatsoever - it sounds like ull never be pleased
the idea ignorance is bliss is all u have, whether u can understand that or not

god doesnt exist oh well ill keep on doing my thing

you go to a long extent to try and say im wrong, but all uve done is go on a rant about life having no meaning without proof

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i am muslim because i was born into that faith
but when i got older i started to question my faith...as most people do..
and found after serious studies of christianity and judiasm and other religons like buddism and hinduism islam was the one..
islam is a way of life..
and its soo beautiful and people should look into it
despite the stuff going on in the world..with "terrorism" and everything
you cant judge a religon by its followers..because they not always setting the perfect example of islam
and even after september 11 in america alone 40 000 people converted to islam a year..
its the fastest growing religon in the world and its estimated by the year 2050 there will be 100 million muslims in america who has a current population of 270 million...
its obviously worth looking into just for the sake of knowledge..

Sophie777

thejosiekiller said:
ok im sorry i have to repeat things so u understand- but being a bitch about it doesnt make me contemplate my ideas about life. my perceptions r my own

how do u know what i percieve as god? do u think i see him as a man with a white beard or a woman- or an energy field or anything???? i see him as something beyond human understanding, cause the defintion u gave backs me up............how can u be so stupid as to post that and say im wrong when its what ive been going on about? r u that think?

and im glad i wouldnt wanna talk to u either cause u clearly have no idea whatsoever - it sounds like ull never be pleased
the idea ignorance is bliss is all u have, whether u can understand that or not

god doesnt exist oh well ill keep on doing my thing

you go to a long extent to try and say im wrong, but all uve done is go on a rant about life having no meaning without proof

I don't believe God doesn't exist and I don't believe he does. How could I know either way. It is unreasonable for you to claim his existence in a world with no proof either way. You claim you are agnostic and that I misunderstand the term whilst you passionately defend the existence of God. It seems very obvious to me that it is in fact you that misunderstands the term. I have no idea whether there is God but there is certainly more evidence as to him not existing than there is to him existing.

YOu are right, you have to have faith to believe.
I don't, I have logic and science and neither of these co-exist with religious beliefs.
You can't argue your way into presenting logic as to why God exists and I can't possibly convince you he doesn't as you are far too set in your ways and the feeling you have of some presence with God can't be taken from you even if it is only in your mind.

This argument is useless.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
i know this arguement is closed

i just wanna know from a person who has no beliefs.................

How do you people explain unnatural phenomenon..............like magic, witchcraft etc.

how does this support you ideas and perspectives

i cant look at it in your way cause i have got religious beliefs

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ahmad said:
i just wanna know from a person who has no beliefs.................

How do you people explain unnatural phenomenon..............like magic, witchcraft etc.

how does this support you ideas and perspectives

i cant look at it in your way cause i have got religious beliefs
i ahve religious beliefs but i dont believe in weird things like magic or witchcraft. most of these kinds of things can be proven scientifically anyway.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i have a religous perspective on all that kind of stuff..
i also wonder what a non religous persons view on witchcraft and stuff like that is
from a religous perspective it makes heaps of sense to me..(islam)

Sophie777

Witchcraft and things. From a non-religious perspective- it makes just as much sense to me as people believe christianity, islam and judaism do etc.

Miracles, spells etc. If they come true they are merely coincidences. I believe more in spiritual things like fate, jinxing things etc than i do in God of these religions.

When I say fate, i don't mean religious predetermination

ahmad

HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
why did u have to reopen this?
hey calm down..........i'm not arguing or anything............just trying to get peoples perpectives

ahmad

HSC
N/A
Sophie777 said:
Witchcraft and things. From a non-religious perspective- it makes just as much sense to me as people believe christianity, islam and judaism do etc.

Miracles, spells etc. If they come true they are merely coincidences. I believe more in spiritual things like fate, jinxing things etc than i do in God of these religions.

When I say fate, i don't mean religious predetermination
ok then..........so u find coinsidence more convincing?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ahmad said:
hey calm down..........i'm not arguing or anything............just trying to get peoples perpectives
hay all im saying its probably not the best topic if every1 is going to get pissed off at each other based on differences in who we are.........but go on respectfully because ive learnt its not wise to get angry- just not worth it

Doogsy

from non religous perspective:
there is nothing magical about magic, they are tricks, noone has magical powers.
there is no such thing as witchcraft. People may think they are a witch/wizard, but people also think we are being visited by aliens. There is less proof to witchcraft then there is to most religions.
Fate and jinxing are also bs. If you keep telling yourself your unlucky, and you truly beleive it, then ofcourse any unlucky things that do happen to you will be exaggerated, and you wont even notice the lucky things. and vice versa too

Doogsy

i see
that is not my veiw though, i see them both making as much sense as each other.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I dont know what I believe really. I dont believe in god, fate, magic, love ... I dont know what I do believe in but I know what I dont believe in. At the moment Im talking life as it comes but Im sure Illl fond something to believe in oneday.

Assasinator_2

HSC
I believe in the religion of science.
Being a heavy scientist/mathematician, it makes it hard to believe both in a faith and in science at the same time.

Furthermore, I tend not to need the support of something that is unable to be proven and thus in my opinion completely fictional to acutally get me through life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)