religion and sex before marriage - REDONE (1 Viewer)

will you have sex before marriage and are you religious

• yes i will have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 112 39.6%
  • yes i will have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
here's something i have been wondering for a while

does your religious status effect whether you want to have sex before marriage?

make your own decision on whether you call yourself religious or not (if you are baptised into a religion, but do not believe in it then don't classify yourself religious)

redone because i stuffed up the poll

edit: to clarify, if you've already had sex you fit in one of the top 2 categories

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
from the last thread
Nicho said:
refer to other threads - but my religion and my idea of no sex b4 marriage are things that i believe in and do not want to purge in any way
neeja said:
religion is for chumps

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
The options make it sound like none of us have had sex before :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
GoodToGo said:
The options make it sound like none of us have had sex before :p
lol yeah i thought of that when i was typing it but it was too hard to think of a better way to write it where it would be easy to follow

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
rumour said:
yes i don't ever vote in any of my threads first, i prefer annonimity for all (since the first person to vote is also not known, unless they make it public). i suppose the 2nd person to vote would assume it was me though lol

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yes, i have the urge to 'purge' an opinion, so here it is! Any discussion or debate stimulated from this will be interesting... :p

For me, "no sex b4 marriage" is a principle where both religious belief and common sense become one. i believe that God wants me to save myself for the right person, because only then can the relationship be truly fulfilling. It also saves a lot of hassles -- and i guess since God created us, then He knows what will work best for us.

The way i see it, sexual relations are a sacred part of the marriage relationship and can only be considered good and wholesome within the context of marriage, because marriage, unlike dating, has the commitment factor. How many problems in society would be solved if everyone abstained from sex until they married! Here's a few:

*no unwanted teenage pregnancies
*sexually transmitted diseases would become much less of a problem
*higher value placed on marriage, therefore increased commitment between parties entering a marriage relationship. This could, in turn, lead to a decreasing incidence of adultery and divorce in society.

i have a few friends who have slept with their boyfriends, thinking they were in a 'serious' relationship, yet have since broken up and wish they'd never done it.

in conclusion: true love waits :)

Last edited:

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
interesting theories chook. however because of some peoples mentalitys, i reckon there will be a lower value placed on marriage. of course there will be less adultery if everyone waited till they were married, but divorce would sky rocket.

the reason for this skyrocket would be that people would be unsatisfied, and so they would divorce and marry someone else, be unsatisfied and repeat the process. much like some people do now with dating.

of course i am talking about the transitional period between current society and the one you describe above, but like all other plans, the transitional period must be taken into account. almost why ive nearly given up on my perfect society theories, because the transitional period would basically be brainwashing the public and then the older generation wouldnt know who to believe, and neither would i. would be terrible.

regardless. like i said before but my comment somehow got erased, religion is for people who like to blame others.

berry580

HSC
I am not religious, but I still think I shouldn't have sex before marriage. Probably its the Chinese dramas that I've been watching which has a conservative theme since I was young.

lengstar

HSC
this poll is biased. what about those who already had sex? what about those who thought they would follow something but suddenly changed theirs minds when they found someone they wanted to be with?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No I'm not religious, I'm pretty much against all organised religion. I uphold my own morals and those don't include total abstinece before marriage. Personally I don't think it's as big a deal as people make it out to be. Also I don't recall it ever being specifically stated in the bible, and really, god has bigger things to worry about in this fucked up world than whether or not people have sex, especially since sex ideally is an act of love and love is a good thing in god's eyes and so then isn't sex therefore a good thing??

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
im not very religious, tho i do goto church during easter/xmas etc. and i do believe in a god, but i cant say that im for abstinance. my view is that if it wasnt meant to happen before marriage, why does it feel so good?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
im not very religious, tho i do goto church during easter/xmas etc. and i do believe in a god, but i cant say that im for abstinance. my view is that if it wasnt meant to happen before marriage, why does it feel so good?
it's just like asking 'why does junk food taste so good?'

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
of course i'll have sex before marriage. or at least i'm hoping.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
lol, im not perfect its just that i worked at KFC for about 1mth and when i saw how the shit was cooked it turned me off forever..i mean ill admit to having the odd pizza (like once everyone 2mths) but otherwise i dont eat fast food

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
lol, im not perfect its just that i worked at KFC for about 1mth and when i saw how the shit was cooked it turned me off forever..i mean ill admit to having the odd pizza (like once everyone 2mths) but otherwise i dont eat fast food
same, i don't really dig fast food but i will always love chips, chocolate, lollies....

me <3's junk food
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)