Votes: 242 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

turntaker

HSC
If you are currently in a long-term relationship, stay together.
But realise that both of you (or one of you) are working really hard for the HSC and that relationships will come second for a period of time.

Breaking up prior to the HSC because of the HSC can break a lot of people and I think its best to avoid that.

I think that with this, everyone is different - you shouldn't break up solely for the HSC, but you should try not to get into a relationship if you're not currently in one.

For me, I am a year younger than my boyfriend and he started Year 12 this term, I have chosen to stay with him instead of leaving him with a mindset that he would focus better. My decision was to be his support and to acknowledge that I will come second to HSC, because that is really important. Matter-o-fact, I will be doing my Business Studies Accelerated HSC in 2015, so I do have a small understanding of the pressure my boyfriend will be going through in the next year.
Same

kendallkreene

HSC
I think if there's a shared goal – which is to do well in the HSC, then they shouldn't split but have their #relationshipgoals re-prioritised. Instead of going to the movies, they should be studying; instead of doing what couples normally do, they should be studying etc. it's sort of like a hiatus but they'res still together. And once the HSC's over, the relationshio should go back to normal. This is of course considering they're in the same year group. If not, then yeah you should split or at least hold it off until the end

kendallkreene

HSC
Also i think if the relationship ends BECAUSE of the HSC then it was definitely going to end sooner or later down the track

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Also i think if the relationship ends BECAUSE of the HSC then it was definitely going to end sooner or later down the track
Totally agree with this

The ultimate HSC relationship (to me) would be if both people did the same subjects, so they could both study and spend time together - hit two birds with one stone.
Also, breaking up because of/right near the HSC would probably backfire, since one or both people would spend their time being miserable and getting over a breakup instead of studying

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
why do you nerds care so much about the HSC

unless you want to do medicine or maybe law at some really high ATAR requiring school its basically irrelevant
bc i want to get into psychology and for some reason the atar is ridiculously high

also i have no life

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
bc i want to get into psychology and for some reason the atar is ridiculously high

also i have no life
(just saying) but if u dont get the ATAR then you can do an internal transfer

all a high ATAR does is it makes your life easier in getting into your desired degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)