Relating Your Critical Response to the other English Courses (1 Viewer)

jlnWind

HSC
ok, im kind of unsure of how clear i have to make the connections between my critical response and the other english courses.
i know that you have to show how you've learnt about english (from the other courses) as an ext2 outcome, but im not sure if i have to incorporate my learnings INTO my actual reponse or just the reflection statement.

jlnWind

HSC
oh really? mmm

"Students compose the Major Work as an extension of the knowledge, understanding
and skills developed in the English (Advanced) and (Extension) courses. The Major
Work is to be substantial."

but the teachers are being stingy about my texts...

first they say "how are u relating ur thesis to the english courses" then when i say im doing "how futuristic dystopias reflect human nature" and i want to use brave new world and 1984 for reference they say im just copying the damn 2 unit syllabus.. i hate my ext 2 teachers...

princesskt

HSC
how are short stories sposed to be linked in wif the other courses? coz i always thought it was just like the skills and all that, but when i was with my supervisor he was talking about how it could link in and the only way my story does is through the crime fiction :S i didnt think it had to be linked straight with the actual modules :S im confused :S

jlnWind

HSC
mmm well short stories u only have to show how uve "extended" ur knowledge from other english courses in the reflection statement.. im just wondering how close it has to be reflected in the critical study

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)