Related Texts - Ted Hughes (1 Viewer)

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
i thought we were supposed to choose anything... of course you could use stuff related to plath, but the rest of the state will probably do that too. for the trials i used a beautiful mind and who killed kurt cobain

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you can select pretty much whatever you want for your related material.

however, i (and many others) believe in this particular case, it is best to choose some of plaths poems.

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
you can select pretty much whatever you want for your related material.

however, i (and many others) believe in this particular case, it is best to choose some of plaths poems.
i agree that plath's poems are good for related texts, but of course they're also gonna be the most popular texts in the state. if you can do them well, go for it. but if not, the markers will be comparing you to a bunch of people who used them really well. i find (not trying to sound conceited) that plath's works are good to make reference to, but other texts are just as good to use and a lot less common.

still, completely up to you! xx

malkin86

HSC
What about the film "Sylvia" with Gwyneth Paltrow?

HSC
N/A
We're actually encouraged not to use Sylvia's poems for the very reason that so many other people use them - also, if you do use Ted's poems with Sylvia's, it is very hard not to judge the two and pit them against one another (even though most of us do that anyway). Remember, we're studying/analysing Ted's poems - not Sylvia's!

Personally, I'm wondering how to use films like Cypher (excellent stuff) and Matrix, although it's all just a matter of twisting it so it works.... but how?

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
glitterfairy said:
We're actually encouraged not to use Sylvia's poems for the very reason that so many other people use them - also, if you do use Ted's poems with Sylvia's, it is very hard not to judge the two and pit them against one another (even though most of us do that anyway). Remember, we're studying/analysing Ted's poems - not Sylvia's!

Personally, I'm wondering how to use films like Cypher (excellent stuff) and Matrix, although it's all just a matter of twisting it so it works.... but how?
damn straight, lynn!

HSC
N/A
Oooooh.....

Is this the clue to "Finding Ernie"?

Definately another HGHS... but which one? lol

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAHA FOUND YOU ERNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg it's been what... how many months of merticulous searching? Thanks for the dead-obvious clues - I'VE GOT YOU NOW!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha!

dollparts

this above all else?
HSC
good work, lynn *pats head*
in another thread i said something similar... i think it was an english thread on ITSOAL. could i have BEEN any more obvious!
no hiding anymore. we'll hafta think of a new game
xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)