related texts for romanticism (1 Viewer)

starrza

HSC
Hi
I need to find my related texts for eng ext over the holidays and i specifically need a text that relates to Coleridge's poetry (one of our set texts). it needs to be similar in the romantic philosphies like imagination.
any help would be appreciated :spin:

petite chimiste

HSC
Well, I don't do romanticism, but Wordsworth's I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud is all about oneness with nature. A lot of people were doing that at my school... Keats' Ode To A Nightingale is pretty, that's about an imaginative escape, kind of haha.

jellybelly59

HSC
petite chimiste said:
Well, I don't do romanticism, but Wordsworth's I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud is all about oneness with nature. A lot of people were doing that at my school... Keats' Ode To A Nightingale is pretty, that's about an imaginative escape, kind of haha.
prescribed text

HSC
starrza said:
Hi
I need to find my related texts for eng ext over the holidays and i specifically need a text that relates to Coleridge's poetry (one of our set texts). it needs to be similar in the romantic philosphies like imagination.
any help would be appreciated :spin:
frankenstein by mary shelley?

i dunno, google romanticism and stuff. should be heapppssss

guff

HSC
Jane Eyre's on the HSC, all my teachers have told me that i shouldn't use it.

guff

HSC
Well I've read Burns, To a Mouse and Poem on Pastorl Poetry, Poe, The Tell Tale Heart and The Pit and the Pendulum (although I'm not sure if they work), Rousseau, The Social Contract (which i'm not planning to use, but helped me understand the Romantic way of thinking) and I'm hoping to read Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther and maybe Hugo, Les Miserables (but its too long) and something else... I just don't want too much poetry... We're already doing Keats and Coleridge, and I'm not sure how many texts i should have. I have also thought of viewing a few paintings... espcially Liberty Leading the People (the cover of Coldplay's newest album) by Delocruix (hope i spelt right... I can say it, not spell it)
I have a friend who was contemplating using music, because he is very musical. I'm not, but i can do art, despite not doing it in my HSC years.

jennieTalia

HSC
Well I've read Burns, To a Mouse and Poem on Pastorl Poetry, Poe, The Tell Tale Heart and The Pit and the Pendulum (although I'm not sure if they work), Rousseau, The Social Contract (which i'm not planning to use, but helped me understand the Romantic way of thinking) and I'm hoping to read Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther and maybe Hugo, Les Miserables (but its too long) and something else... I just don't want too much poetry... We're already doing Keats and Coleridge, and I'm not sure how many texts i should have. I have also thought of viewing a few paintings... espcially Liberty Leading the People (the cover of Coldplay's newest album) by Delocruix (hope i spelt right... I can say it, not spell it)
I have a friend who was contemplating using music, because he is very musical. I'm not, but i can do art, despite not doing it in my HSC years.

In the marking notes, the markers always suggest that art is a good thing to do, if done well.
As many people don't even consider it, it can give your essay an edge. Don't forget sculpture and such as well!

M.T.T.

HSC
In the marking notes, the markers always suggest that art is a good thing to do, if done well.
As many people don't even consider it, it can give your essay an edge. Don't forget sculpture and such as well!

Where can I read the marking notes?

Thanks.

Mrs-Darcy

HSC
How's the Tell-Tale Heart romantic?
I guess it's kind of got a gothic feel but apart from that...?

guff

HSC
How's the Tell-Tale Heart romantic?
I guess it's kind of got a gothic feel but apart from that...?
I know what you mean, i did think the same, and still do to an extent. But the gothic is part of the whole Romantic movment, and since the title of the course is 'Ways of thinking,' then the gothic way of thinking comes into the equation. The whole 'madman' thing, and his highly illogical and emotional reactions come under the whole Romantic embracement of the highly emotion. But i'm still looking for other texts and finding better ones, like another burns poem, Caledonia.

jakedoesnt

HSC
So in relation to using art...
Does anyone know anything about Casper Friedrich?
Because apparently one of his paintings links to Coleridge's 'This Lime- Tree Bower, My Prison'...
'Chalk Cliffs' or something?
I found it when i was looking for related texts

Any ideas/ advice would be helpful.
Cheers

em_angel23

HSC
has anyone thought of doing a film as a related text? =]
I am, but being lame, i would prefer not to share ;D

Films are so good because there is so much to talk about, but in a way it is more difficult because of all of the refining and selection one must go through!

MrsLucia

HSC
I was thinking of Sean Penn's 'Into The Wild'...
any help would be appreciated, i have 2 weeks to get it done.
Maybe a painting also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)