Related texts for Romanticism- artworks? (1 Viewer)

MrsLucia

HSC
I am already planning on doing Sean Penn's 'Into The Wild', but I'm not sure what would be required if I spoke about an artwork.
Something like in an art essay or??

Help would be much appreciated.

We are doing
Coleridge
Northanger Abbey, and
Wuthering Heights.

anardi

HSC
There's certain stylistics you'd need to pay attention to that relate specifically to art... obviously the context of the artwork is important, so remember your Romantic paradigms, tents, conventions etc. If you're going to discuss an artwork you just need to pay strong attention to texture, tone, colour, shape, space and line. A great technique to remember is chiaroscuro, which is pretty much an abrupt transition from light to dark. See Artemisia Gentileschi's Judith Beheading Holofernes to see what I mean (keep in mind that artwork is Baroque and not Romantic, though, it does hold several Romantic tenets).

Actually, after wikiing Sean Penn's Into The Wild, I've found it's a movie and not an artwork??

Either way, if you want some Romantic artworks to sink your teeth into, take a look at George Stubbs, Eugene Delacroix, Francois Rude and Theodore Gericault... just off the top of my head, hah.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

MrsLucia

HSC
Ha yes, I meant as well as 'Into The Wild'.
Thanks- I did end up choosing an artwork, Thomas Coles 'The Voyage Of Life' series.

kcrocks

HSC
For related texts, i'm using paintings and poems. My teacher recommended that 2 paintings = 1 text. Is this correct?

MzBiiBii

HSC
For related texts, i'm using paintings and poems. My teacher recommended that 2 paintings = 1 text. Is this correct?
:O I hope not!!!

I'm using novel plus 2 coleridge poems (Which is equivalent to one text)

and 2 artworks.... :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)