Related Texts for Navigating the Global (1 Viewer)

Flocculent

HSC
Has anyone found any related texts for this elective? cos i'm struggling to find any suggestions on the net and i have an essay due first day back D:

Flocculent

HSC
my core texts are shipping news, seamus heaney poems and lost in translation...

i dont know...some texts that i read seemed to have elements of the navigating the global but i couldnt analyse it thoroughly enough for me to write an essay on...

chubzy

HSC
my tutor suggested 'the poisonwood bible', 'the mosquito coast' or 'the city and the city'
i have to write an essay as well and i haven't started :(

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
hey! :)
there are heaps of related texts for ntg out there in the world. basically you're looking for anything that has a cultural angle, or looks at globalisation.
to name a few are: brick lane, anything by lavanya sankaran (look at her short stories, e.g. alphabet soup), also short stories by jhumpa lahiri, runaway world, witi ihimaera's short stories, once were warriors, etc
also heh, not to shamelessly advertise myself, but if you're interested in buying an ntg essay from a state ranker, look to my sig :)

Flocculent

HSC
hey! :)
there are heaps of related texts for ntg out there in the world. basically you're looking for anything that has a cultural angle, or looks at globalisation.
to name a few are: brick lane, anything by lavanya sankaran (look at her short stories, e.g. alphabet soup), also short stories by jhumpa lahiri, runaway world, witi ihimaera's short stories, once were warriors, etc
also heh, not to shamelessly advertise myself, but if you're interested in buying an ntg essay from a state ranker, look to my sig :)
thanks nutcracker :D i decided to do up in the air and one of jhumpa lahiri's short stories. i was planning to do the pearl by steinbeck and then i read the syllabus again and realise it had to be between 1966 and 2003 (and beyond) and now i need one more text and im sorta freaking out...

does anyone have a novella or short story or something short that i can use? yeah im so screwed D: thats what happens when you dont do ur essay during the holiday...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)