Related Texts for Michael Gow's "Away" (1 Viewer)

nomieee

HSC
Hey Guys,

My assessment 1 speech is due on Wednesday the 3rd, and at the moment i'm absolutely screwed because i just realised that the book i was planning to do for my related text has absolutely NOTHING to do with our core text.

So i was wondering if y'all could help a sister out and maybe give me some ideas for texts that relate really well to the play "Away" by Michael Gow?

The only one i can think of so far is The Fault in Our Stars or My Sisters Keeper, because of the relating theme of cancer, but i feel like these texts have been overdone.

Thanks in advance!

Tim03

HSC
I'm doing Away as well as a prescribed text and I'm using The Three Princes of Serendip (old story) and Through the Dark by Hilltop Hoods

Axio

=o
HSC
Hey Guys,

My assessment 1 speech is due on Wednesday the 3rd, and at the moment i'm absolutely screwed because i just realised that the book i was planning to do for my related text has absolutely NOTHING to do with our core text.

So i was wondering if y'all could help a sister out and maybe give me some ideas for texts that relate really well to the play "Away" by Michael Gow?

The only one i can think of so far is The Fault in Our Stars or My Sisters Keeper, because of the relating theme of cancer, but i feel like these texts have been overdone.

Thanks in advance!
Even if this is the case, as long as it is about discovery it should be fine. You could even discuss in the oral how the texts depict completely different portrayals of discovery which demonstrates its breadth as a concept.

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
Your related text does NOT have to be on the same 'theme' as your core text ie. cancer. As long as your can discuss/relate/analyse the CONCEPT of discovery, by comparing the representation of this concept in both texts, you'll be fine.

That said, have a look at www.hscdiscovery.com.au as it has suggestions for related texts that suit 'Away'. PM me if youre interested in purchasing related texts notes on 4 poems (which relate to several of the core texts, including 'Away') :)

nomieee

HSC
Thanks for the help guys! I ended up going onto hscdiscovery.com and choosing a text from there (Mid Term Break by Seamus Heaney) hopefully i do well!!

nomieee

HSC
I wish i'd done Away for prelim. Got stuck with As You Like it and general shakespeare shittiness. Shakespeare is literally the reason I dropped to standard from advanced like i can't deal with that.

Grace20212

HSC
Your related text does NOT have to be on the same 'theme' as your core text ie. cancer. As long as your can discuss/relate/analyse the CONCEPT of discovery, by comparing the representation of this concept in both texts, you'll be fine.

That said, have a look at www.hscdiscovery.com.au as it has suggestions for related texts that suit 'Away'. PM me if youre interested in purchasing related texts notes on 4 poems (which relate to several of the core texts, including 'Away') :)
im really struggling as well to find any good related texts that interlink with the core text away could you please help me, im really struggling bad.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)