Related Texts for Julius Caesar (1 Viewer)

bouncing

HSC
So have you guys decided?
Any tips or ideas on what to pick? I'm actually stumped... assessment in 2 weeks and I dont know where to even start looking for one

Does anyone know if the conflicting perspectives within our chosen related text must be similar to those in JC's?

HELP D:

zorcy

HSC
it would appear that there are no replies... wonder why...
here's what I'm doing so far; 'A Question of Character' by Thomas Reeves (he's a revisionist who looks at John F. Kennedy- the man and the myth, and how his private image affected his public... I think), Animal Farm (a movie that I've only just looked at), and my teacher strongly recommends a third text, and that should be a cartoon, so here's a link to a site full of cartoons that I think will really help- so lang as you know the CONTEXT!! (should really be considered when looking at conflicting perspective): Alan Moir cartoons

I've yet to decide on a cartoon... but my teacher says that they are very good for supplementary material stuff... hope I helped ya, and not too late... I should really get cracking on the supplementary material as well...

zorcy

HSC
oh! and when you are looking for supp material don't forget to think in terms of how you can link them to your prescribed text... I tend to just focus on conflicting perspectives rather than my prescribed text and its themes... and in terms of what you could look at: - Richard III
- Glorious Bastard
- Schlinders List
- The Matrix
and the bell just went- well anyways- if you still haven't got a text, good luck!

bouncing

HSC
here's what I'm doing so far; 'A Question of Character' by Thomas Reeves (he's a revisionist who looks at John F. Kennedy- the man and the myth, and how his private image affected his public... I think), Animal Farm (a movie that I've only just looked at), and my teacher strongly recommends a third text, and that should be a cartoon, so here's a link to a site full of cartoons that I think will really help- so lang as you know the CONTEXT!! (should really be considered when looking at conflicting perspective): Alan Moir cartoons

I've yet to decide on a cartoon... but my teacher says that they are very good for supplementary material stuff... hope I helped ya, and not too late... I should really get cracking on the supplementary material as well...
hey zorcy

thanks for replying haha :)
yeah i was wondering as wel actually.. there seemed to be alot of views but no replies? - i guess no one else could come up with anything either

thanks for the list! i'll check them out and see which ilike

btw the jfk thing sounds good cos i did want to look for something related to public/private so i could better link it to Caesar...

well thanks again

bouncing

HSC

oh btw my teacher said that 2 related is good enough for this module, however if you do want to be prepared i believe analysing one of those cartoons wont be too hard (except definitely have 2 reallly good and info-heavy ones)

zorcy

HSC
yeah, the cartoon would be handy in case one of your texts doesn't fit in with an essay question in the exam, but I'm still having difficulty choosing one that I'm satisfied with... agh! I need to choose!
anyways, glad I could be of help (^-^)

Toranilor

HSC
What I did for my supp texts was Secrets of the Freemasons by Nat Geo and Thank You For Smoking by Jason Reitman.

Secrets, and other documentaries in general make good supplementary texts because they, by necessity, present two sides of an argument. However, bad documentaries are even better, as they show a bias between the two sides, and this can be analysed.

TYFS is very good as a meta-text. While commenting on prominent societal issues (i.e the conf. pers. surrounding smoking's effects on health), it provides an insight into the manipulation of an audience through naylor, as opposed to influencing them directly. - See Chromatic's thread for some good links between this and Julius Caesar

Havent been faced with the need for a third text yet, however.

bouncing

HSC
yeah i hope to god that 3rd related text wont be needed - haha so i guess i need to go and look for bad documentaries..

what do you think about articles? or do they not provide enough information to analyse...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)