Related texts confusion (1 Viewer)

yummy-cookies

HSC
What makes a good related text? Should you look for a related text that directly related to the aspect of belonging explored in your text, or does this not matter? Do you have to establish a link to your core text (in my case, As You Like It)?

chamelia

HSC
You will be asked to 'compare' and 'contrast' so yes, they must have an aspect that links but equally important is being able to say how the two differ from one another.

*Cassie*

HSC
yeh im doing as you like it aswell and you can link almost anything cos its all about belonging to people, place love marraige etc which is nearly everything, belonging to others haha
so yeh its pretty easy to relate anything to as you like it, ive found.

yummy-cookies

HSC
*Cassie* said:
yeh im doing as you like it aswell and you can link almost anything cos its all about belonging to people, place love marraige etc which is nearly everything, belonging to others haha
so yeh its pretty easy to relate anything to as you like it, ive found.
I found that as well, except I can't make very deep and sustained links, precisely because it explores such a broad sense of belonging.

Can you recommend any related texts?

*Cassie*

HSC
the related texts that im doing are:
New moon
Eagles nest
Australia

i haven't linked them yet though so dont know if it will work but i will find a way to link them hopefully haha
what do you have to do for your assignment?
we have to do a portfolio of an analysis of three related texts to as you like it, 500 words on each

yummy-cookies

HSC
*Cassie* said:
the related texts that im doing are:
New moon
Eagles nest
Australia

i haven't linked them yet though so dont know if it will work but i will find a way to link them hopefully haha
what do you have to do for your assignment?
we have to do a portfolio of an analysis of three related texts to as you like it, 500 words on each
Really, that's what I had to do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)