related text for retreat from global.. (1 Viewer)

bubbi

i need a related text for "retreat from the global"...
something that links to seamus heaneyh
and i dunno where to start.
can someone help?

SgtSlick

There is an Australian film called "Spotswood" it links in well to the castle and can be tied to ure other texts....

bubbi

ooh realli??
yeh im doing the castle later on so yeh dat would be coolie doolies... but the thing is my assessment is like next week and considering the fact that i have never seen the movie before, that could be a problem...
*sigh*

but thanx anyway...

SgtSlick

"Spotswood" is about workers in a moccasin factory which is threatened by globalisation, as the economic paradigms which shape our world force the factory into debt. Anyways, u trace the development of the character Wallace, who is a financial advisor that ruthlessly seeks profit. After sharing the acceptance and simplicity of the local world with the workers, Wallace learns that the global world is inherently damaging, factory saved, prince gets the chick, blah etc...

It stars a young russel crowe, ben mehndelson and anthony hopkins....impressive for an Aussie film. Its good to use with the castle as it is basically about battler vs. wealthy. Its an easy text to write about, i used it for my hsc this year.

Call me.... if u need any more help/ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)