Related Material (1 Viewer)

kitten_16_1987

I'm realli screwed for related materials...will we get marked down in our hsc if we only use movies as our related material?! how much do u guys recommend we have for each area of study. I've done Shoehorn sonata, Strictly Ballroom, Immigrant Chronicles and Raw..wat do u guys suggest?? :rolleyes:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
yeah, u shud use a variety of text types and not only movies, as Without Wings said. It's like, markers want to see your ability to analyse different text types.

I Did Immigrant Chronicle by Peter Skryznecki, for our Area of Study CHANGING PERSPECTIVES, and i used, the film Billy Elliot and some short Story, can't remember the name at the moment. I reckon you cannot use Billy Elliot for your AOS as i think it is a set text this year

For Institutional and Personal Experince my Set Text was Dear America, while yours is RAW....So, I am not much sure about RAW. You can prolly use Dear America(a film)...Film "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest", and Short Story "Young Man in Vietnam" By Charlse Coe.

Last edited:

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
look in various other threads for examples for institution and personal experience....there are quite a few around.

and plz choose reasonable thread names with the module name or set text name, as it turns people off (including me) and i usually dont "tend" to open such threads (altho i have opened this 1):)

Good Luck :)

C

CaR

well for strictly ballroom, our teacher advised us it was best not to use a film, although...i guess we could.

you could use girl with a pearl earring as a related text with strictly ballroom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)