related material (1 Viewer)

mentallyblonde

JeSs - mentallyblonde
HSC
hey does anyone have any related material, im kinda confused at the moment we have just got our 4th ext eng teacher this yr. and we dont really know what is going on. with related material how much do we need and is the emphasis on how they have changed over time and conventions etc.
if anyone has any egs of related material it would be heaps of help, because at the moment we have no idea wat is going on

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
our teachers said to get about five related materials, thus you can focus n them because not too many. he says he tells people to get five, but most only get three.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I would suggest having more than you have time to write about, then when it comes to the exam you can chosse the ones that fit thte question best. ~6 is a good number ...

shinkei

My teacher for EE has actually marked the HSC, so im going to take her word for what is a good related text...
We're not actually studying Snow Falling on Cedars as a prescribed text, but we're studying it anyway as a related text. We've also done Bladerunner (the Directors Cut) by Ridley Scott. Other teachers have recommended episodes of Scooby Doo("Scooby Doo and a Mummy Too") and the Simpsons episode "Who Shot Mr. Burns?".
Personally, i've read Dead Famous by Ben Elton which i really enjoyed, but it hasnt been officially recommended to us (its a good read anyway, even if u arent going to use it as a related text)
And if you're doing Skull Beneath the Skin then i think its interesting to also read a few Agatha Christie books, simply because they are so much alike that its good for comparision ("And Then There Were None" is one i read that is A LOT like SBTS - i found it really dull though)
Hope that helps...

joshhopp

HSC
whoa u recommed about 6??? why not just have 2 and know them well.

and i thought you were not allowed to use a text as extra material if it was being used elsewhere as a prescribed text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)