• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Regret doing Standard? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Oh but really guys you're all planning to study Arts next year hmmm ?

(If you plan to do Engineering and you're sniggering because all you need to worry about is maths and science think again, engineers need to be very effective communicators (a skill taught across HSC English) and they must be able to write fluent reports)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Some people like my Chenistry teacher say Standard English scales better than Advanced English.

Sonata

HSC
Forbidden. said:
Oh but really guys you're all planning to study Arts next year hmmm ?

(If you plan to do Engineering and you're sniggering because all you need to worry about is maths and science think again, engineers need to be very effective communicators (a skill taught across HSC English) and they must be able to write fluent reports)
oh FACK lol.

well i did regret dropping down to standard, actually my teacher insist i stay there. since standard was crap scaling and all, though if i stayed in adv my ranking would be crap, though im happy being ranked 2nd in standard, and i believe the person whos ranked 1st should be in adv >_>

justmeme

HSC
N/A
i dropped from standard at the start of term 3 last year.

do not regret it at all!

im doing so much better! and ranked 3rd in my grade for st. eng!!!! =]

i can right kick arse essays, but cant interperate texts =[

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I was doing Advance last year but was dropped because the school wanted only the top 40 to do it. I was somewhere on the border line. I could've lodged an appeal to the Head Teacher about it but didn't bother. I half regret not doing Advance, knowing my English has significantly improved, but then again, I think I would've died doing a viva voce (impromptu speech) in Advance

Kiim2507

HSC
I regret not dropping down lol
I hate English and was going to drop down at the end of Year 11 but my teacher said I should stay so I did...Don't know why I listened to her >.<

To the OP, if you're doing well in Advanced and you are enjoying it then stay there. For me, I hate everything about English (teacher, subject, class) plus I'm doing shit so yeah....I really should've dropped down but too late now =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)