Regional Universities (1 Viewer)

Matt Samson

HSC
Well now the HSC results are released, most of you will have a general indication as to what your UAI will be.

Some of you wont have the 90.00+ UAI that is required to get into a programme at one of the universities in Sydney and will be wondering what your options are.

If you have not got a regional university in your preferences, perhaps you should put a few in?

A lot of people from Sydney make the move for university in regional locations, and they do so with no regrets.

You can get a very good education at regional universities, and the only reason why the UAI's are lower at regional universities is because demand isn't as great.

The UAI entry score is not an indication of how good or bad a degree is. It is simply an economic scale. If there is more demand for a degree, the UAI will have to be much higher. That is the only reason why the sandstone universities have such high UAI entry requirements.

What is the difference between a Bachelor Social Science (Psychology) course at USYD compared to an equivalent one at Charles Sturt University (for example)? Probably none.

The most successful people in the world are risk takers. Take the risk.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I considered Charles Sturt in my preferences last year, but I ended up at USYD because I couldn't afford to move to Bathurst. Then it occurred to me that I probably could have commuted there if I really wanted to, seeing as it takes me roughly the same time to drive to Bathurst as it does to catch public transport to USYD, but it was too late by then. Oh well.

Matt Samson

HSC
Rent is cheaper here than Sydney.

We pay $250 per week for a 3 bedroom place just around the corner from CSU. That works out to be $83.33 each.

The place is almost new, gas appliances, central heating etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)