regarding youth allowance (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi
i havent got my youth allow. even though i applid in march a few weeks before my birthday...
just wanted to no if the moeny goes ot ur account or ur parents? and do u get ur own health care card with that?
and how shld i contact centrelink ? by phone or in person? coz theres a computer doing hte fone
and ive also lost my letter with my 9 digit number and 1 letter at the end...wld the number be the same as parents ? and how do i reclaim that no.?
thank you

islandtime

HSC
Hey,

You would have designated on the form if you wanted the money to go into your bank account or your parents.
I found that it was easier for me to contact them by phone and when they ask for your aces number say you don't have one and then they'll put you on to a person and you can ask them all your questions and they'll also get your account details for you.
They should have sent you a letter in the mail informing you if your claim was accepted. If it was accepted you should make sure you get back pay from when you first submitted the claim. So that would mean you would get all the money that they should have been paying you from when you first submitted the for however that’s only if your claim was successful.

synthesized

HSC
N/A
i have another question aobut youth allowance......... say i am already living on my own, in my own house paying my own rent etc., does that mean i am considered 'independent' by centrelink? or do i need to have fulfilled the "$18k in 18 months after school" even though i'm already living away from parents (and not receiving anything from them)?

mcs

HSC
Yeh you still need to have earnt the money unless you can prove its unreasonable to live at home.... well that was what it is in my case. I live away from home at uni in canberra and pay my own rent etc but cause i havent earnt the money im still dependent on my parents hahaha the system really is a joke! But yeh good luck with it!

totallybord

HSC
they sent me a letter saying that my family benefit tax had been cut or that i wldnt receive payment anymore...does that have anything to do with anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)