Regarding Third Round Offers (1 Viewer)

ljk32

HSC
To specify, this if for UTS.

Regarding the round 3 offers, if I put my first preference as a course which my ATAR didn't meet by a few marks, and then my second preference as a course in which I have the marks to get into, would the second preference be considered if I don't get offered the first? Or should I just make the course that I have the marks for my first preference? Thanks in advanced.

HSC
It won't hurt to have a go for your 1st preference because if you don't make that they will automatically consider you for the 2nd preference.

ljk32

HSC
Alright, thanks a lot. That's what I wanted to make sure of, that they'd automatically consider the second preference if I didn't make the first.

ljk32

HSC
Oh, also, since you're doing Medical Science @ UTS, I was curious about something. If I were to do a Bachelor of Science(Flexible), could I transfer into the Biotech/Biomed/Med course after a year? I don't have the marks for the that course though.

ljk32

HSC
I see. I don't entirely understand what it's suggesting since I(stupidly) haven't looked into Uni enough and don't know half the terminology. But thanks a lot, it seems like the way to go for me if what you said is the case.

HSC
I see. I don't entirely understand what it's suggesting since I(stupidly) haven't looked into Uni enough and don't know half the terminology. But thanks a lot, it seems like the way to go for me if what you said is the case.
Yeah haha. All you need to make sure about is you do the units that would replicate what you would do in the Bachelor of Biomed/Med/Biotech Science.

eg. If you want to transfer you would need to take the following units in 1st year. You will understand this when creating your units and timetable. A lot of the Science courses take this 1st year path below including Biomed/med/biotech science. So if your unsure which of the 3 you would rather do, you have a whole year to think about it:

Year 1
Autumn semester

65111 Chemistry 1
91107 The Biosphere
91161 Cell Biology and Genetics
33116 Statistical Design and Analysis

Spring semester
65212 Chemistry 2
91123 Biocomplexity
91400 Human Anatomy and Physiology
68041 Physical Aspects of Nature

ljk32

HSC
Cheers for the help mate. So with a flexible course, would I be able to choose those units you listed for the first year?

HSC
Cheers for the help mate. So with a flexible course, would I be able to choose those units you listed for the first year?
Most definetley. Just follow the major for Medical Science/Biomedical Science or Biotech Science which all have the same 1st yr units.

ljk32

HSC
Awesome, thanks heaps mate! I think I'll just being doing Biomedical Science, but I'm glad I have the year to decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)