Regarding the slut/hero female/male double standard (1 Viewer)

Reckoner

HSC
I agree, It's a real double standard that men can't be called sluts.

Damn, I wish I could be called a slut. Life is so unfair. =(

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
+1
Not all guys would say it to another guy or girl but that doesn't mean that they would date her. I mean come on, I have heard lots of guys, in particular on this site they wouldn't go out with a girl who sleeps around, not saying the words doesn't mean the effect is any different.
Where is the double standard though? Plenty of girls have said they won't sleep with a guy who gets around either.

trickx

HSC
A key that can open alot of locks is considered a master key. A lock that opens to alot of keys is considered a pretty shitty lock.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Look into the psychology, history, etc behind it

Personally, I think its due to reproduction procedures
A women can grow a baby which takes around nine months or so...
Whilst men can theoretically *make* a baby many times a day to different ladies - hundreds of them.
It is impossible for a woman to conceive near that many (Being pregnant for more than half a year and all)

You see back in the day the alpha male mated with many of the tribe's lady-folk. It was acceptable for men to mate with a lot of women, however, if a woman mated with someone not acceptable by the tribe, they would be killed.
Good genes, survival...

Its hard to explain arghh
i agree my fellow blue mountinnian

The double standard revolves around pregnancy. Women know that sex leads to life and should lead to a family. They cannot divorce the sex act from pregnancy as easily as men. If they do, then they are worse than men because they should know better,.

Reckoner

HSC

The double standard revolves around pregnancy. Women know that sex leads to life and should lead to a family. They cannot divorce the sex act from pregnancy as easily as men. If they do, then they are worse than men because they should know better,.
How would you know?
Are you a female now??
Why would anyone listen to someone who is a Thatcherite ... Thatcher was a prude.

ay0_x

HSC

this is very true.

men are pretty biologically programmed to spread their seed kk.

Reckoner

HSC
Mate ... just wear contraception.

"They cannot divorce the sex act from pregnancy as easily as men" ...

wtf?? My gf's dad said that he would put a shotgun to my head if I got her pregnant ... I'm probably more scared of geting her preggo than she is ... especially since I'm still young and carefree ... never in my dreams would I have children now ...

But you're a religious zealot (Iron) so it's a typical answer. don't know how you can find Margaret Thatcher hot ... but hey ... whatever rocks your boat.

ay0_x

HSC

wtf?? My gf's dad said that he would put a shotgun to my head if I got her pregnant ... I'm probably more scared of geting her preggo than she is ... especially since I'm still young and carefree ... never in my dreams would I have children now ...

But you're a religious zealot (Iron) so it's a typical answer. don't know how you can find Margaret Thatcher hot ... but hey ... whatever rocks your boat.
totally
MISSING
THE
FUCKING
POINT.

you are not a nomadic man living off the land and going along with his biological urges the way nature intended
you are a teenage boy scared to shit of some mere mortal.

Reckoner

HSC
So you think women know better than men? lol ... good luck to you.
Women think they're all divine and mature and shit ... whatever.
Conservatives piss me off.

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
So you think women know better than men? lol ... good luck to you.
Women think they're all divine and mature and shit ... whatever. Kiss my fcuking ass.
Conservatives piss me off.

lol what the fuck.

again totally missing the point.

let's think biologically okay since you're a total douchebag.

a woman can only make 1 baby every 9 months. (disregarding twins, triplets etc)

a man can make a baby as long as he has competent sperm ie whenever he fucking wants.

since humankind is about survival and spreading your seed
a man has the urge to whore around more because he wants to give his sperm the best chance of making babies.

god why are you so fucking stupid.

Reckoner

HSC
lol what the fuck.

again totally missing the point.

let's think biologically okay since you're a total douchebag.

a woman can only make 1 baby every 9 months. (disregarding twins, triplets etc)

a man can make a baby as long as he has competent sperm ie whenever he fucking wants.

since humankind is about survival and spreading your seed
a man has the urge to whore around more because he wants to give his sperm the best chance of making babies.
Yeah but what I'm saying is you're making the assumption that men are "biologically programmed" to whore around, thoughtlessly.
Who says that evolutionary theory is correct ... and/or survival of the fittest is the right model for making those assumptions?? there are all sorts of sciences and branches of sciences that determine human behavior, like psychology, anthropology ... which completely invert/oppose the biology/survival of the fittest model of human behavior.
Evolutionary theory goes by the assumption that women are more thoughtful about reproduction and picking their mate (for survival reasons) and will participate less in promiscuity and that men are less thoughtful about these things and just want to spread their seed ...
which is bullshit ... that sort of behavior is non-existent in other cultures ...

Last edited:

Reckoner

HSC
And if you need a clue ... about Iron's 'hidden agenda' ... he's pro-family and anti-abortion and all that shit ... which means you are either Thatcherite like him ... or you're lost.

Last edited:

ay0_x

HSC
you dont believe in evolution or religion

i'd say you're the lost one lol..

Reckoner

HSC
you dont believe in evolution or religion

i'd say you're the lost one lol..

Lol ... You need to re-do your HSC, since you don't even understand science. It seems you believe in both, evolution AND religion (i.e. agree with Iron AND the premise of your arguments are based on evolution) ... lol .... you're just fcuked ... that's all I can say.
The purpose of the scientific method is to test a hypothesis, a proposed explanation about how things are, via repeatable experimental observations which can definitively contradict the hypothesis. But nothing is ever completely unprovable - every hypothesis can be contradicted if enough evidence is provided. Religion and evolution notwithstanding.

You can't even hold a decent conversation without swearing and attacking people. You're weak. Since you believe in both religion and evolution at the same time ... I suggest you STFU.

Now I know why girls can be complete bitches towards one another and why things get catty. L i t t l e B i t c h.

Last edited:

billstery

HSC

lol

where the fuck do hillbillies like this come from, and how do they still exist? and why are you associated with them? off topic i know

boganxcore

HSC
Lol ... You need to re-do your HSC, since you don't even understand science. It seems you believe in both, evolution AND religion (i.e. agree with Iron AND the premise of your arguments are based on evolution) ... lol .... you're just fcuked ... that's all I can say.
The purpose of the scientific method is to test a hypothesis, a proposed explanation about how things are, via repeatable experimental observations which can definitively contradict the hypothesis. But nothing is ever completely unprovable - every hypothesis can be contradicted if enough evidence is provided. Religion and evolution notwithstanding.

You can't even hold a decent conversation without swearing and attacking people. You're weak. Since you believe in both religion and evolution at the same time ... I suggest you STFU.

Now I know why girls can be complete bitches towards one another and why things get catty. L i t t l e B i t c h.
evolution doesnt necessarily disprove religion... nor does it prove it for that matter.

ay0_x

HSC

hahahahahaha.. so just because I agree with Iron, i believe in religion? okaaaay. None of his post had anything stemmed in religion whatsoever.

I'm guessing if I like the same music as him I must believe in religion too? okay dude, whatever.

I know what the purpose of scientific method is. YOU missed the point of Iron's post, and my follow up posts, and then proceeded to reject evolution as just a "theory" and said " Women think they're all divine and mature and shit ... whatever. Kiss my fcuking ass. ".. and I really till now don't understand where that little spat came from, because I think people are shit generally, but maybe you had a fight with a girl today, so I suggest you stop projecting or w/e.

I believe men and women whore around equally and are in general, retarded, but I believe their reasons are different. Look at patterns of infidelity- how many men have "just sex" affairs and how many women are emotional cheaters? One is not better than the other and I never implied that they were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)