Reference / bibliography help!!! (1 Viewer)

sophiie.burns

HSC
In my annotated reference list do I need to include the specific videos/ TV shows I watched for my content analysis and during my focus groups?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The purpose of a reference list is to acknowledge the ideas of other authors and sources of information that you have incorporated into your own writing, as well as to inform and allow your reader to access and/or learn more about each individual reference if they wish. An annotated reference list goes a step further and serves to briefly explain the significance of each reference to your reader.

Essentially, you should aim to cite every paper and other forms/sources of information that you have referred to when conducting your study and discussing it in written form. While I did not take Society and Culture, I would assume that citing the videos and TV shows that you watched in applying your qualitative research methods would be required in order to appropriately justify your choice of conducting a content analysis and focus groups, despite the lower level of rigour associated with research at HSC level compared to university. In academic writing and research projects/endeavours (which appears to be consistent with the nature of your task), it is important to effectively justify your points, which in most cases involves citing relevant papers/sources of information.

Of course, you know your assessment task best, and are therefore able to interpret this information accordingly and as you see fit.

I hope this helps! 😄

sophiie.burns

HSC
The purpose of a reference list is to acknowledge the ideas of other authors and sources of information that you have incorporated into your own writing, as well as to inform and allow your reader to access and/or learn more about each individual reference if they wish. An annotated reference list goes a step further and serves to briefly explain the significance of each reference to your reader.

Essentially, you should aim to cite every paper and other forms/sources of information that you have referred to when conducting your study and discussing it in written form. While I did not take Society and Culture, I would assume that citing the videos and TV shows that you watched in applying your qualitative research methods would be required in order to appropriately justify your choice of conducting a content analysis and focus groups, despite the lower level of rigour associated with research at HSC level compared to university. In academic writing and research projects/endeavours (which appears to be consistent with the nature of your task), it is important to effectively justify your points, which in most cases involves citing relevant papers/sources of information.

Of course, you know your assessment task best, and are therefore able to interpret this information accordingly and as you see fit.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)