Red Hot Chilli Peppers (1 Viewer)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
love it. awsome band, loved under the bridge, sacr tissue, soul to squeeze, fortune faded, otherside, californication, around the world... the list goes on....

i couldnt care less about the evolution of the use of 4 random words in album names....

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
can i just say, i absolutely love the chili's music. really awesome, sometimes i wonder, how do 4 random awesome musicians meet up like that? and then i go read their biography and find it too long so i don't end up reading it :)

what can i say, californication, scar tissue, soul to squeeze, under the bridge, around the world, argh theres friggin stacks of awesome music they've made. and if any of you are reading this, and have live in hyde park........brandy rocks!!! awesome song.

yeah vote RHCP \\m//
You should read Anthony Kiedis' autobiography.. it is very interesting.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
live in hyde park was very good
except for under the bridge
the audience stuffed up the recording :(

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Disease said:
You should read Anthony Kiedis' autobiography.. it is very interesting.
yes i read it, fucking amazing book.
i love the guy more for it. how much he put into that book, and it showed how much fuckup's he had in his life.

Power of Equality, is prob my fav.
the blood sugar sex magik was the best album
so funky

slip

HSC
you know 'blood sugar sex magik' wasnt the first album they did to have a 4 word title. they had a little cd called 'red hot chili peppers'

oh for the people who laughed at chili peppers being refered to as experiemental are stupid, cause they are considered that in many circles, you obviously have basically only heard there songs off blood sugar sex magik and after. that and you dont understand the style of the songs, how they were played and who they were being played by.

meanwhile how do four musicians like that meet up, i would say that there have been many mroe then 4 good musicians in rhcp.

anthony kiedis, hillel slovak, chad smith, jackie irons, flea, john frusciante, dave navarro(although ohm sucked he is a great musician)

and how that met, basically anthony, hillel, irons and flea all met at school to some extent, hillel actually taught flea bass before that he was a trumpeter, john was an huge fan of the peppers who ended up joining when hillel died, chad met them in an audition after jackie left. they kinda new dave from janes addiction.

there are a number of other members to have played in the chili peppers, they have have 7 guitarists and a number of drumers.

i like alot of rhcp older stuff

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i have never, and i dont think i will ever get sick of "can't stop".. yes i know there are people out there that find it annoying but i don't care, i love it

paskal

HSC
slip said:
you know 'blood sugar sex magik' wasnt the first album they did to have a 4 word title. they had a little cd called 'red hot chili peppers'

oh for the people who laughed at chili peppers being refered to as experiemental are stupid, cause they are considered that in many circles, you obviously have basically only heard there songs off blood sugar sex magik and after. that and you dont understand the style of the songs, how they were played and who they were being played by.

meanwhile how do four musicians like that meet up, i would say that there have been many mroe then 4 good musicians in rhcp.

anthony kiedis, hillel slovak, chad smith, jackie irons, flea, john frusciante, dave navarro(although ohm sucked he is a great musician)

and how that met, basically anthony, hillel, irons and flea all met at school to some extent, hillel actually taught flea bass before that he was a trumpeter, john was an huge fan of the peppers who ended up joining when hillel died, chad met them in an audition after jackie left. they kinda new dave from janes addiction.

there are a number of other members to have played in the chili peppers, they have have 7 guitarists and a number of drumers.

i like alot of rhcp older stuff
actually arik marshall and jess tobias were also with them before navarro, but they got replaced quickly.

have anyone heard frusciante's solo album? i've heard only one album but mostly it sounds like crap, with several rhcp feel songs in it.

Last edited:

slip

HSC
paskal said:
actually arik marshall and jess tobias were also with them before navarro, but they got replaced quickly.

have anyone heard frusciante's solo album? i've heard only one album but mostly it sounds like crap, with several rhcp feel songs in it.
i never said i named all of the members, in fact i said there were a number of other members i didnt mention, but they have had 7 guitarists etc...

if you wanna get technical jack sherman was in the band before john... and brian 'blackbird' mcknight was in the band between johns 2 stints in the band.

actually i found the fight anthony and jack had that anthony covered in his book so funny.

i was actually just trying to name the major members of th chili peppers, and the most talented, the ones i named in my first post all recorded albums as did jack, the ones you mentioned did not.

john released 6 'solo' albums in 6 months last year, ive heard a few songs from shadows collide with people, wasnt bad but it wasnt brilliant, ive also heard a few songs from his earlier albums such as 'to record only water for ten days'.

'usually just a t-shirt#3' is a good song

Disease

Retro Rocket
HSC
I bought Shadows Collide With People cheap a few weeks ago.. I think it's quite good. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's good music.

tempco

HSC
bubz :D said:
i have never, and i dont think i will ever get sick of "can't stop".. yes i know there are people out there that find it annoying but i don't care, i love it
same. :uhhuh:

Can't stop addicted to the shin dig...

HSC
nekkid said:
same. :uhhuh:

Can't stop addicted to the shin dig...
yer that song has good slapping by flea, i can't play it 'cos i never learned how to slap with a bass guitar.

oh yeah and for those with hyde park, i love the transition at the end of 'by the way' into that little interlude...it rocks.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I gave up playing guitar a few years ago, and one of the only two songs that I have been able to play since is The Zephyr Song.

slip

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
oh yeah and for those with hyde park, i love the transition at the end of 'by the way' into that little interlude...it rocks.
i was very disappointed but kinda happy to learn that 'rolling sly stone' is not one of the 35 songs that the chili peppers began recording on march 16th for the new album.

disappointed because it is really funky, in that way that only rhcp can be, and i would love to see them have alot more funky stuff on the new album. but happy because if that song isnt good enough to be recorded then they must think the stuff that they do have is fucken good.

back to hyde park, i love the covers of 'brandy' and 'i feel love' at first i didnt think much of them but they really grew on me.

i would think that the peppers would be in the late stages or finished recording now, i know its been 4months but john is a perfectionist (he did let that go abit on his solo works) and the peppers normally take a few months in the studios to record a similar amount of songs.

what im really keen to hear is these 15 tracks the peppers layed down when they recorded fortune faded and save the population for the best of. but considering they have 35 songs, thats more then enough for a cd and the b-sides for its singles. bsides album maybe?? it would be better then most bands regular albums.

HSC
slip said:
back to hyde park, i love the covers of 'brandy' and 'i feel love' at first i didnt think much of them but they really grew on me.
i actually haven't heard the original version of brandy, but i still love the live cover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)