Recording lectures?? (1 Viewer)

ArRemient

HSC
Does anyone do this? Are we allowed to bring a recorder and... well record the lecture? Do many lecturers allow this?

born2bkinggg

HSC
i think we can...but i would totally recomend a live scribe pen....cost alot though

recursive

HSC
N/A
i think we can...but i would totally recomend a live scribe pen....cost alot though
I just had a look at the livescribe website, that is one nice bit of kit!... assuming that it's as reliable as they make it out to be, it would be worth the $$$

...I have a really nice camcorder with a 120gb HDD. I was thinking of sitting right at the back row of the lecture theater and video recording my lectures, then just chucking them onto my laptop. I reckon it'd be pretty cool to be able to watch the important bits of the lectures for revision.

born2bkinggg

HSC
I just had a look at the livescribe website, that is one nice bit of kit!... assuming that it's as reliable as they make it out to be, it would be worth the $$$

...I have a really nice camcorder with a 120gb HDD. I was thinking of sitting right at the back row of the lecture theater and video recording my lectures, then just chucking them onto my laptop. I reckon it'd be pretty cool to be able to watch the important bits of the lectures for revision.
LOL it'll look a lil funny though

Lara1986

HSC
Does anyone do this? Are we allowed to bring a recorder and... well record the lecture? Do many lecturers allow this?
It depends on the subject and the teacher.

As a general rule - unless in the 1st introductory lecture, the lecturer says you can, ask them permission.

Also, check your unit outline as for example, I have one unit this semester and one next semester that expressly prohibit any form of recording of the class.

I wouldn't recommended any form video recording as you're likely to get a no for that, and apart from anything else, you only really need the audio. You may find though, especially if you're doing a business degree, you'll end up doing what I and other friends did - you record the lectures, but never end up listening to them so you stop recording stuff after 1st semester lol :)

born2bkinggg

HSC
Anyways...if they dont know then nothing happens. just get a good audio recorder or something put in your chest pocket and no one knows...

Lara1986

HSC
Anyways...if they dont know then nothing happens. just get a good audio recorder or something put in your chest pocket and no one knows...
Just be careful because some lecturers get angry...

Don't know if it's an intellectual property thing, or them not wanting people to get out of attending lectures cause friends record it, but I have been in classes where lecturers have gone off at students for recording without asking.

It's always best to ask :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)