record companies/music vid directors getting lazy? (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
i'm sure its no surprise to anyone, but i don't suppose anyone has seen the new Keith Urban clip? 'Better Life'? Usually i wouldnt watch these morning music vid shows, but i'm hungover... so fuck you.

well... do you remember The Calling's 'Wherever You Will Go'? if you do then next time you're watching Keith's clip then laugh your arse off because it's exactly the same location.... god damn they're getting lazy.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
that location has been used a few other times for some UK video clips too. Somewhere in LA i think

it's even worse when they use that STUPID big room with light bulbs fixed to the background in a whole wall of flashing light. I think that has been used probably 10 times over. sick of it

filming an artist against a blue screen than shoving cheap computer animations in is crap as well...cue Nikki Webster and Ricki lee or whoever else uses the damn technique

iwannarock

HSC
i'd prefer it if there were no music videos.

music videos and mtv made everything about image.

music videos should be banned.

thats right i said it.................i went there :cool:

HSC
believe it or not some music videos are actually very artistic and some are just brilliant and add to the song.

jay-z - wishing on a star

great video

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
some good ones always seemed to give a whole new context to the song.

stupid by sarah mclachlan and mr brightside by the killers, talking on videos as a seperate thing, it was like a 3 minute story, where lots of it is told through facial expressions and gestures.

just communicated so much through a simple gesture or look. i love that

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
i'd prefer it if there were no music videos.

music videos and mtv made everything about image.

music videos should be banned.

thats right i said it.................i went there :cool:
nooo!!!! then i'd never have seen Bohemian Rhapsody!!!

iwannarock

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
believe it or not some music videos are actually very artistic and some are just brilliant and add to the song.

jay-z - wishing on a star

great video
look i see where you're coming from. but i just think some songs don't need videos.

is the music not fulfilling enough just listening to it that we have to have our eyes entertained aswell?

yeah i love a lot of videos........but really if i had the choice of listening to a song with a good pair of headphones........or watching a good music video i'd choose listening to the song by itself.

i dunno its a mixture of two arts........i just find that people tend to focus more on a video these days than the music.

if you wanna see a "music video" go watch an artist perform live.......like the good old days

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
nooo!!!! then i'd never have seen Bohemian Rhapsody!!!
:uhhuh: was about to say. Bohemian Rhapsody: the original and the best.

HSC
iwannarock said:
look i see where you're coming from. but i just think some songs don't need videos.

is the music not fulfilling enough just listening to it that we have to have our eyes entertained aswell?

yeah i love a lot of videos........but really if i had the choice of listening to a song with a good pair of headphones........or watching a good music video i'd choose listening to the song by itself.

i dunno its a mixture of two arts........i just find that people tend to focus more on a video these days than the music.

if you wanna see a "music video" go watch an artist perform live.......like the good old days

I like music videos which either convey a good message or are extremely entertaining.

pussy cat dolls - dont cha, for example, is NOT a music video, rather a promotional tool to lure in 14 year old boys and teach 12 year old girls how to dance slutty. Music videos should NOT be judged by 99% of the bullshit you see on video hits, MTV, Channel V etc.

I was at my friends house on thursday, she had a little like 2 year old cousin over and she told me how its funny to get her cousin to dance because she full dances like a stripper, she said she learnt it from the 'dont cha' video. Go figure. As soon as this bullshit is boycotted then the world will be a better place :)

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
iwannarock said:

oddly enough i sometimes dont like a song till ive seen the video. i guess some people enjoy the visual connections to the music

and are you all talking about the original bohemian rhapsody video or the waynes world version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)