Recommended books to read? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've come to realize that though I've read many books in my childhood, most of them have just been book such as Harry Potter, Goosebumps, Andy Griffith books, and so on - great books for entertainment value, but not exactly a wide range.

Can anyone recommend famous books with good educational value? Since this is reading in addition to my other studies, I would prefer books that are not over 400 pages or so, however that's just guideline I'm willing to break if anyone's got some truly inspirational books, especially (but certainly not limited to) classical ones written before the 20th century.

Thanks a lot in advance. Since I've already done Austen's Emma, am going to be reading Shakespeare's Othello next term, and it is likely I will be doing another Shakespeare play and another Austen book next year, I would probably prefer recommendations out of Austen's books (not that there were many of them). However, do feel free to mention Shakespeare plays that were very entertaining (excluding Taming of the Shrew, which I've already studied)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)