Recommended 200-300 level elective? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey Guys.
So Im doing a few hard subjects in my first sem (ACCG329 anyone?) and would like an "easier" elective to try and soften the workload.
Ive gone through pretty much all the old threads and decided that busl350 seemed like the way to go.

Just wondering whether people have anything updated to add...or recommend. All the nice electives seem to be in the second semester : <

Thx in advance

havy

HSC
econ350 or stat279.
btw, i'm doing 329 next semester as well, which other unit did you choose with it (352 or 353)?

Last edited:
HSC
@havy:
I did econ350, and 360 they were both awesome. I really wish there were more electives similar.

Ill have a look at stats279 but I prefer theory.

I choseaccg 353 (for second semester) on the basis that it was easier than accg 352, Ive read through the stuff u wrote in previous threads about the ps13123(forgot number) compliance and I think Ill just worry about that when I get to it really.

good to know others are doing accg329, dont know about u- but im scared.

havy

HSC
stat279 is extremely easy, most calculations are very, very basic.
plus ppl are allowed to bring a cheatsheet into the final exam.

havy

HSC
btw I'm just curious if 353 is still significantly easier than 352. I've heard that 353 has became harder during recent years (although the final may still be easy).

HSC
I had a look at the Stat279 timetable, and its like... 3 separate 1 hr lectures...why : ' < ?

353 may have become realtively harder to what it was Im not too sure, Im only depending on what my friends who did it last semester are saying.
Example

Me: Describe 353
Friend1: its fine if you do all the tute work every week and it becomes pretty interesting

Me: describe 352
Friend: made of hard, unclear objectives, 50yr old materials, and dodgy test
monte-carlo simulations by wk2
black-scholes gamma pricing
with ,multiple hedges
simultaneous equations
where numbers arent nice and neat
like 2x + y = 3
and complex payoff diagrams

But dont let what he said put u off (btw he came first in business trivia) the topics look helpful if thats what ur interested in : )
I think I should stop spamming and bumping my own thread...

Edit as not to spam:
Note: keep in mind that the person i ask about 353 was in a rush to go.
Also note: do what ur interested in, if 353s for u go for it
thirdly: Am choosing the easier alternative because I chose especially hard electives that i am itnerested in, theres no point just choosing easy subjects, whats the point in having a degree then? in other words I concur to the message below this one.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
stat279 lectures are not compulsory - as long as u get a friend to copy lecture notes for u. or you can get notes from last 2 yrs, they are exactly the same.

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
is anyone doing stat279 this sem?

also, is this a subject where you can cram it 2 days before the final?

Monstar

HSC
How come no one looks at accg256?
it seems interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)