arrested development
HSC
FINE THEN! IF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE IT I WON'T POST ANY MORE. FUCKING CUNTS. :(

P.S. I also like Spoon, you cockhead. :(

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
haha i'm not hating, i've downloaded some of the stuff you've put up, and am liking it. just saying we need some divvvvversity etc.

arrested development
HSC
Espo15 said:
haha i'm not hating, i've downloaded some of the stuff you've put up, and am liking it. just saying we need some divvvvversity etc.
Ace. :)

P.S. I don't ONLY listen to britpop (I look like a britpop whore), I just figured it might be stuff that people may not know. ;__ ;

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
and katie i checked out metric - dead disco, liked the lyrics but found the music kind of boring, sorry!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Architecture in Helsinki

Influenced by the "twee pop" aesthetic, their sound is a mix of indie, electronica and pop. Their music features instruments as diverse as analog synthesizers and samplers, the glockenspiel, tuba, clarinet, oboe and recorder along with the more typical drums, bass, and guitar.

Very quirky sounding group. a fun-to-listen-to kind of band. Thats why i love them.
check out their album "In Case We Die"
good tracks:

- Do The Whirlwind
- it'5!
- Wishbone

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ok adrian i know you like a bit of post hardcore screamoish stuff like emery so i have a few suggestions

coretta scott
like a cross between taking back sunday, emery and the mars volta... very very very original stuff ranging from smooth acoustic sob stories to rocky jump around songs. very very cool guitar work

listen to
poison apple
the stairs hit hard

sunny day real estate
you cant go past sdre if you like soft proggy rock or early atdi upbeat rock. easily one of my favourite bands of all time. shame they broke up

listen to
snibe
every shinging time you arrive
song about an angel
fool in the photograph

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
A Wilhelm Scream

A hardcore punk band I recently found when researching cinema clichés. They have terrific guitar riffs, and their harmonies are terrific (for a punk band). I find at the end of each song I keep wishing it went for longer. :)

Tracks of note:

-Catharsis for Dummies
-Fuck you I own Hollywood
-Stab. Stab. Stab.'

Kate Bush

I posted this album cover because it's one of my favourite albums. Go buy or torrent it, listen to it, see if you like it. From 1982 it was one of the most experimental pieces of music ever seen, and of course flopped in the charts. I like it though. :)

arrested development
HSC
Logain said:
Kate Bush

I posted this album cover because it's one of my favourite albums. Go buy or torrent it, listen to it, see if you like it. From 1982 it was one of the most experimental pieces of music ever seen, and of course flopped in the charts. I like it though. :)
I was just about to do Kate Bush! Nice one. ;)

HSC
the david jones jacket is back! this isn't for espo 'cause i know he knows the goodness, and i'm sure everyone knows jimmy eat world as in 'oh yeah those fucks that sang that the middle song, yeah i know them' .. i'm talking about oldschool jimmy eat world.

clarity's pretty much considered to be one of the pinnacle records of the emo genre, and i'm not an emo kid, but FUCK ME it's excellent. uptempo songs, slower songs, layered instruments, vocals & melodies, simple but awesome lyrics .. i don't care what the fuck you listen to, go download 'for me this is heaven' or 'just watch the fireworks' or anything off this album.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
TOO BAD YOU MISSED SEEING THEM LIVE AND I DIDN'T HUH KATIE [comment]f[/comment]

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I saw Jimmy Eat World at the SCG last year. Woulda liked to go see their sideshow though.

HSC
yeah apparently the side show was heaps better, played more than just their singles all the 14 year olds know.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC

Rilo Kiley

Jenny Lewis is just wonderful. Charming, beautiful and a great voice.
I love the lyrics of the songs and how the album doesn't sound like it's composed of songs that sound just like the others.

Songs to watch out for:
Portions For Foxes
I never

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
katietheskatie said:
yeah apparently the side show was heaps better, played more than just their singles all the 14 year olds know.
may angels leaddddd you in

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
not really adrians style but who knows maybe someone will finally listen to what ive been saying for ages

As I Lay Dying

metal core at its absolute finest.
brutal brutal guitar destruction, amazing double kick blur drumming and vocals that make you want to kick your mum in the head
easily my favourite of this weird genre
songs look look out for
confined
meaning in tagedy
forever
94 hours
behind me lies another fallen soldier
distance is darkness
through struggle
the darkest nights

Capathian!

these guys are a new discovery for me after i wrote them off for year after hearing their demo and thinking it was shit. lucky they realeased their ep and its amazing
power australian hardcore... almost better than parkwaydrive... almost
songs to look out for
THE ENTIRE NEW CD but the best song is
who the fuck taught you snaps

HSC
DrownTheCrow said:
brutal brutal guitar destruction, amazing double kick blur drumming and vocals that make you want to kick your mum in the head
my mum would be so disappointed in you tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)