Recommend me some music... (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
wanton-wonton said:
How typical...why not try all their other albums aswell? All just as good, some better than Dark Side of the Moon.

My personal favourites other than Dark Side of the Moon include:

The Pipers at the Gates of Dawn
Wish You Were Here
Animals
get ummagumma...

i think they suggested it due to the fact that dark side is their most broad album, genre wise. lets go through it song by song (yes i have nothing better to do)

speak to me/breathe - opens the album, trippy and spacey, with gilmours alienating(?) voice
on the run - psychedelic and sample-y
time - starts out much like the start of the album, then turns into a two-sided bluesy rock song
the great gig in the sky - hauntingly awesome, piano background, screaming foreground
money - most known song on the album, most rock-y song on the album, bluesy, with an awesome time change halfway through after a sax solo
us and them - the most epic song on the album, soft and piano induced.
any colour you like - much like on the run, atmospheric
brain damage - simplistic, hard to explain
eclipse - an encore of sorts for the album, to leave the album on a happy note, though the album, is far from happy.

"there is no dark side of the moon, matter of fact it's all dark."

thats it im gunna make a pink floyd thread

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Keane are really good. kinda like a sombre U2ish style, checkem out if u get a chance.

Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Keane - bedshaped

Sgt_Johnym

HSC
spiny norman said:
What's wrong with The Wiggles!? Some of their tunes are undeniably catchy.
lol u need to be shot on the spot.
anyway, seriously all i have to do i go to a mates place and i find out a new band, find that i like it and buy or copy all of their albulms. You really shouldnt and dont have to post on the net to get ppl to find bands that u might like as ur friends might have some for ya.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Sgt_Johnym said:
lol u need to be shot on the spot.
Yes, because of course having Static X in your sig automatically renders you of exorbitant musical judgment.

slip

HSC
i just went to falls festival and have come back with a heap of new bands that i love, and refreshed my love for a few others

DAKOTA STAR - a japanese rock band, really really good. female singer who sing well unlike most rock. compares to janes addiction with less funk.

CARUS AND THE TRUE BELIEVERS - an australian band with a wide variety of styles, ska, top end rock (country played fast), funk and straight rock. They pulled off old school chili peppers funk better then the peppers did. Sick band check them out.

SPAZZYS - girl punk rock band. simple but happy and effective tunes. solid album will remind you of some on no doubt top pop songs like im just a girl and similar music from clueless sound track and the looking for alibrandi sound track.

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS - australian band little bit lighter version of butler, compares to jac johnson and similar artists.

BOB BROZMAN - american blues guitarist, if your a guitarist his work will blow your mind.

CAT EMPIRE - i know most people already know them but expect more hits similar to 'hello' and 'days like these', there new stuff was awesome.

thats just a few. but if you really want new music go to a festival and you will find a heap of bands you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)