Recollection of a Bleeding Heart - biography of Paul Keating (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
anione read it? it's written by Don Watson, Keating's speechwriter

i just finished reading it and its a superb book.... Don Watson is a good writer full stop. the book gives a insightful insider's account of all da events in Keating's life especially his time as PM,

the most intersting part of the book for meeh was Watson's spin on Dr. Mahathir Mahammod's 'recalcitrant' remark.... a great read all rounder...

s2ophie

HSC
I have this book sitting next to my bed at the moment! I am going to start reading it after i finish reding the entire tomorrow series again becuse then i can read Where I live. But yes i am loking forward to reading it. I'llg et back to you when i finish it!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
well i was addicted to it... but i guess i am an arts sorta person... and is intersted in politics... it also helps if u know the events occured while keaitng was in office... cuz it does give u a diff perspecticive..hence if ur familiar with the events or at elast know abt it.. it does add to the addiction... hope u enjoy it :p

sneaker

i'm not a fan of keating, but really interested in politics and speech writing. My coach recommended me to read it, as did my english teacher, and in my honest opinion, it is extremely overrated. I suppose I was a little biased as I was reading it, but still, no book that I have ever read has been such a let-down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)