Reckon I'll get into a BA here? (1 Viewer)

jellybelly59

HSC
IMHO do the hsc again - you're technically not wasting your time but just refining your studying capabilities for uni. Even if it is UWS, coursework won't be easy considering you got <60 (not that it is "omg horrible!" but there's room to improve i guess) ... Transfers are difficult - maintaining high credit to distinction average is not easy anywhere from what i read on the general university discussion but then again i'm not an expert so don't quote me on this stuff :p.

Nuclear

HSC
80.1. And he got pretty much the exact same results as me. Which doesn't make sense to me. Different subjects, yes, but still.

K

khorne

Just saying, but uni is gonna be shit at age 14/15...Like...what? You can't drink. You can't party (most events are 18+), you won't make many friends (19+ year olds wanting to hang out with a 15 year old? come on!)...Then you finish a degree "just for fun" which will put you into debt, and contribute nothing to your future...gg man, gg.

This is also prime evidence why the acceleration program fails...

Accelerated, and now a 56 ATAR...You are a dumbarse...Literally. Hardly capable of doing any work, let alone managing Uni.

I say this, because I want you to succeed...(read: idgaf)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuclear

HSC
Just saying, but uni is gonna be shit at age 14/15...Like...what? You can't drink. You can't party (most events are 18+), you won't make many friends (19+ year olds wanting to hang out with a 15 year old? come on!)...Then you finish a degree "just for fun" which will put you into debt, and contribute nothing to your future...gg man, gg.
Well, I made plenty of 18 year old friends in high school. My brother had no trouble, I'm pretty sure I'd be fine too.

I can drink...just not legally :p (just kidding).

And also, this B Design could contribute to my future, because I love doing stuff like this. Would you like to see some examples? =]

HSC
I agree on the party thing...I spent my whole first year as a 17 year old, seriously EVERYTHING at my uni revolves around the tav.

IMO, go back to school. You'll do a whole lot better, you'll grow up a bit, and the design course will still be there in a year or two.

Nuclear

HSC
Accelerated, and now a 56 ATAR...You are a dumbarse...Literally. Hardly capable of doing any work, let alone managing Uni.
I only work well at things I enjoy. EG. Graphics, Coding...shit like that. I know like 5 programming languages. I can only really apply myself when I like what I'm doing. Is that a problem? Hell yes. But it can also be good, because when I enjoy what I'm doing, I do it extremely well.

K

khorne

I only work well at things I enjoy. EG. Graphics, Coding...shit like that. I know like 5 programming languages. I can only really apply myself when I like what I'm doing. Is that a problem? Hell yes. But it can also be good, because when I enjoy what I'm doing, I do it extremely well.
Yeah well, programming in 5 different languages isn't difficult...I mean, I know like..3? and I don't even consider myself a coder. Point is, you rushed through school, super mediocre results and this "applying" bullshit is the card ever lazy person pulls when they realise they suck.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
yea but u did shit in hsc, u do shitter in uni
Give him a break, he is 14 years old. There are plenty of people 4-5 years older then him who would have done worse.

Also to everyone who is complaining about unemployment, bad degree etc. did you even read his post? It seems as if he plans on doing this for 3-4 years for fun and a degree and then when he is at the age he would normally have just finished the HSC apply for something better.

Nuclear

HSC
give him a break, he is 14 years old. There are plenty of people 4-5 years older then him who would have done worse.

Also to everyone who is complaining about unemployment, bad degree etc. Did you even read his post? It seems as if he plans on doing this for 3-4 years for fun and a degree and then when he is at the age he would normally have just finished the hsc apply for something better.
thank you!

Kiim2507

HSC
Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Because I used to be smart.

Now I'm smart and extremely apathetic.
Well fair enough.
Honestly I think you should stay in school even for just one more year.
I think uni life will be very hard for a 14/15 year old. Most people do a lot of maturing between 14/15 and 18/19 so you're on a different wave length.

You could always do the HSC again through TAFE or alternatively do something else through TAFE that you would enjoy (eg a design course)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
You seem to have your heart set on this course, if this is what you really want to do, be successful in entry and have the money (or are prepared for debt) then go for it.

You obviously have ability if you were accelerated, but make sure its a well thought out decision. Perhaps talk to teachers, friends or othes that have been in a similar circumstance.

Personally, if I was in your position, I would jump at the chance to resit the HSC with such an advantage.

Kiim2507

HSC
Give him a break, he is 14 years old. There are plenty of people 4-5 years older then him who would have done worse.

Also to everyone who is complaining about unemployment, bad degree etc. did you even read his post? It seems as if he plans on doing this for 3-4 years for fun and a degree and then when he is at the age he would normally have just finished the HSC apply for something better.
Theres no point getting $20,000+ into debt for 'fun'

Nuclear

HSC
You seem to have your heart set on this course, if this is what you really want to do, be successful in entry and have the money (or are prepared for debt) then go for it.

You obviously have ability if you were accelerated, but make sure its a well thought out decision. Perhaps talk to teachers, friends or othes that have been in a similar circumstance.

Personally, if I was in your position, I would jump at the chance to resit the HSC with such an advantage.
The problem is, I personally think if I were to resit the HSC, I'd start out enthusiastically, and then just kind of drift off and probably end up the same way. Only 2 subjects I did consistently well in were Drama and IPT. Which I did really well in the exams as well. Because I love them both haha.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Theres no point getting $20,000+ into debt for 'fun'
He has already posted here, presumably he has discussed this with his parents already and it seems his brother is doing the same. Additionally having multible degrees will help him, especially if the next course he does is a combined degree and/or he gets masters.

Nuclear

HSC
He has already posted here, presumably he has discussed this with his parents already and it seems his brother is doing the same. Additionally having multible degrees will help him, especially if the next course he does is a combined degree and/or he gets masters.
My parents fully support me doing 2 degrees. And yes, that's what my brother is doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)