Recent trends (1 Viewer)

Glenjamin

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering if i was to answer a extended response quesiton on policies to address inflation and i stated that the RBA was using a contracitonary policy to control inflation (while in actual fact the RBA has lowered interest rates as of 07.09.08), will i get marked down?

williamc

HSC
Glenjamin said:
I was just wondering if i was to answer a extended response quesiton on policies to address inflation and i stated that the RBA was using a contracitonary policy to control inflation (while in actual fact the RBA has lowered interest rates as of 07.09.08), will i get marked down?
Yes.

Say over the past 7 years the RBA has been using a contractionary policy to help control inflation in the 2-3% target range, although recent slow down in the australian economy has prompted the RBA to use an expansionary policy by reducing the cash rate to help boost demand and thus pick up eco growth etc etc.

shadyhaze

HSC
thats wrong
there has not been a recent slow down in the Australia economy, it is predicted that there will be a slow down in accordance with tightening macroeconomic policy and the global slow down. For this reason the RBA has recently lowered interest rates as a pre-emptive method to counter the future predicted economic slow down.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
not if u mention the date range ur talkin bout. if u mention that CURRENTLY they are using contractionary MP then u will most definitely be marked down.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Get your hands on:

- Economics Update (sent out by Leading Edge Education). Monthly editions.
www.leadingedge.com

- Plain-English Economics. Also monthly editions.
plain.english@bigpond.com

I'm not completely sure how my teacher gets hold of these certain publications but if you head to one website and email the other you might be able to find out. Both monthly editions outline everything you need to know about trends etc etc. It helps a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)