Reasons why X Factor " failed " (1 Viewer)

Reason why X Factor " Failed "

• Judges

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Host

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Contestants

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Game Layout

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • X Factor ( Name )

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 55 72.4%

• Total voters

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
the australian audience.
too attached and/or loyal to australian idol and are biased.

i s'pose x factor also had majority of crappy contestants that should never have been there in the 1st place i.e gemma, russell, lanie/janie whatever her name is.

m_isk

HSC
N/A
the first time i watched it was russel. he's so crap..worse than shannon noll.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i would saty just cause its shit....

the idea could of worked...on australian tv cause they accept nethin, the only thing worse than this would be popstar, that was fuckin terrible

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I think it was the game layout. It was just so stupid like getting the judges to be part of the comp itself as well? Pfffft! And I think it's partly because of the contestants too I don't think they really appealed to people on a broad spectrum which can be exemplified on Sunday when Random was performing and one of the posters from the crowd said "I don't think any of them are hot." Haha...

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
nicko88 said:
I think it was the game layout. It was just so stupid like getting the judges to be part of the comp itself as well? Pfffft! And I think it's partly because of the contestants too I don't think they really appealed to people on a broad spectrum which can be exemplified on Sunday when Random was performing and one of the posters from the crowd said "I don't think any of them are hot." Haha...

dude u watched it???

thats a bit not kool

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
v sia said:
not koool

minus rep him please

thats a bit harsh...we'll give him a chance this time....but he'll have to prove hsi worth again

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
Ok, ok here's the thing.... 1)we've had 4 series of popstars, and 2 (soon to be 3) series of Australian Idol. We are not a very large country in terms of population. There has to come a point where we exhaust the talent in this country. X factor came right at this point.

2) All the REALLY good performers in this country did not need to go through that kind of competition to get famous.

3) X factor (especially as it has mark holden on it) is trying to be Australian idol, yet they claim not to be. Thus we have a contradiction

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i would say Aus idol had one thing baove the rest of the comps...it had several people with remote taleent

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
They're making another Australian Idol. I can't believe people still watch it. The only good bit of these talent searches is listening to all the losers at the start. I watch most of the idols until they get up to the part where the audience has to vote. That's when it becomes boring.

Here

Banned
HSC
llamalope said:
Ok, ok here's the thing.... 1)we've had 4 series of popstars, and 2 (soon to be 3) series of Australian Idol. We are not a very large country in terms of population. There has to come a point where we exhaust the talent in this country. X factor came right at this point.
Totally agree. When you think about it australia has a population of 19 million compared to 280 million in america. Which means the US has almost 15 times the potential number of 'good people' which they can find.

You can only visit sydney, melbourne, bris, perth etc so many times (8 soon) before all the people auditioning are just plain terrible. X factor showed that.

The judges choices of contestents themselves were just plain idiotic. Kaya, gemma, janie for example. I think thats also what ruined the show.....

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
they should incorporate nz into it...so then they can make the shit ppl go for longer and funnier for us

Jon Greenson

HSC
this thread is a oldie but a goldie, could be talking about the x factor usa 2014 auditions with this thread, the x factor australia did not really fail in the end, because they brought it back and restarted it, but i cannot see the x factor usa coming back anytime soon, only way probably would be if another usa tv station picked it up like nbc who do the voice usa.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)